Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2021 Venture model now with black TRD wheels (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/291660-2021-venture-model-now-black-trd-wheels.html)

shdw03 11-02-2020 06:27 PM

2021 Venture model now with black TRD wheels

Looks like Toyota quietly changed the specs on the Venture model. Due to vendor supply issues, the Venture model will no longer come with the gunmetal TRD pro wheels, but with the MY20 matte black TRD Pro wheels. Was notified this morning and confirmed on Toyota's own website the change (red center caps).

GripT4R 11-02-2020 06:42 PM

Neat....

LA260 11-03-2020 12:41 PM

Interesting. I was at the dealer over the weekend and they had a 2021 Venture in stock and I could've sworn it had the same gloss gunmetal wheels as my 20 Venture.

2021Venture 11-03-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA260 (Post 3562737)
Interesting. I was at the dealer over the weekend and they had a 2021 Venture in stock and I could've sworn it had the same gloss gunmetal wheels as my 20 Venture.

It must be a mid-year change as I just picked up a 21 Venture last night with grey wheels.

Dollar Retriever 11-05-2020 04:23 AM

Actual vehicles may vary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Wonder 11-17-2020 05:03 PM

The 2021 Venture I just bought came with the black wheels. The one I test drove a few weeks ago also had black. I have seen some 2021s that still have the gun metal gray though.

LandCruiser 11-17-2020 05:13 PM

Why call the Venture, which is closer in trim to the TRD Off Road "the Trail" and the SR5 coolermobile the Venture?

RichinRidgewood 11-17-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shdw03 (Post 3562427)
Looks like Toyota quietly changed the specs on the Venture model. Due to vendor supply issues, the Venture model will no longer come with the gunmetal TRD pro wheels, but with the MY20 matte black TRD Pro wheels. Was notified this morning and confirmed on Toyota's own website the change (red center caps).

Black rims.... :puke:

wrightofway 04-13-2021 12:51 PM

Venture Tire - Road Ride

Has anyone recently test drove a Venture and SR5 Premium trim?

I really like the look of the Venture, but am curious how the everyday driver ride compares between the two. I'd prefer to just get the Venture stock vs getting the SR5+ and have to make cosmetic mods to it.

I'll be using my (prospective) 4Runner mainly for daily driver use, and then for weekend fishing, camping, hunting trips - so no real big time off roading in the plans. Just maintained dirt roads, some light hills, ruts, etc., so I think any trim would be sufficient for my off roading needs.

Would the Venture offer a more noisy ride on pavement? From what I can see, the stock tires are the same, but thought I'd ask if anyone knew first hand. Test driving a Venture before buying is proving challenging.

Thanks!

ryguytheman 04-13-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightofway (Post 3627137)
Has anyone recently test drove a Venture and SR5 Premium trim?

I really like the look of the Venture, but am curious how the everyday driver ride compares between the two. I'd prefer to just get the Venture stock vs getting the SR5+ and have to make cosmetic mods to it.

I'll be using my (prospective) 4Runner mainly for daily driver use, and then for weekend fishing, camping, hunting trips - so no real big time off roading in the plans. Just maintained dirt roads, some light hills, ruts, etc., so I think any trim would be sufficient for my off roading needs.

Would the Venture offer a more noisy ride on pavement? From what I can see, the stock tires are the same, but thought I'd ask if anyone knew first hand. Test driving a Venture before buying is proving challenging.

Thanks!

You won't notice a difference between the two for your purposes. As far as driving/capability goes anyway. Suspension is the same. Venture will be slightly noisier because of the roof basket.

Gouranga 04-13-2021 01:13 PM

are we just gonna ignore that the venture comes standard with KDSS >

which IMO is the best thing ever

i got 21 venture btw

wrightofway 04-13-2021 02:06 PM

Thanks for the input! Yea, I anticipated a little extra noise from the roof basket, but was more focused on the stock tire/suspension driving noice. Glad to hear there shouldn't be a noticeable difference.

When I'm looking at building the Venture on Toyota, it looks like KDSS is a package option, and probably often selected for Dealer buys, but not standard on Venture.

Sounds like I should definitely look for one with KDSS, especially for on-pavement and light off-road ride quality.

Gouranga 04-13-2021 06:34 PM

kdss is standard on venture at least in canada

what tires does the venture come with in USA ?

rightyouareken 04-13-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouranga (Post 3627270)
kdss is standard on venture at least in canada

what tires does the venture come with in USA ?

The Venture does not include KDSS in the USA. It is optional. It includes the same crap Bridgestone Duelers as every other non-Pro model.

Also, FWIW, the roofbasket is easily removable. It's just a standard Yakima Megawarrior basket.

Gouranga 04-13-2021 09:39 PM

yeah i have the Bridgestone Duelers as well,

why do you say they are crap ?

they seem to be really quiet please explain maybe im just not aware on whats better lol

actually may as tell me whats better as id want 275s instead with stock suspension i dont mind the rubbing yolo