Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Dobinson rear LT vs Toytec Superflex (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/291889-dobinson-rear-lt-vs-toytec-superflex.html)

T4R916 11-11-2020 07:33 PM

Dobinson rear LT vs Toytec Superflex

I currently have superflex rear springs with bilstein 5100 but want to change to Dobinson rear LT. is the superflex consider long travel springs? If they are i was just going to replace my rear shocks with dobinson long travel instead.

pauldub 11-11-2020 09:37 PM

The shock length is what determines your travel, not the springs. You need to choose the spring rate you want for the load you carry and then choose a spring length to give you the ride height that you want. The shock length decision interacts with the ride height decision or you can easily end up with no droop and all up travel. The following short article will help you decide how much up and down travel you want to end up with:
Go Fast Suspension Design Article | AccuTune Off-Road

What are you really trying to achieve?

04rnr 11-11-2020 10:27 PM

dobinson is like a chinese knockoff. lol

JONBOY345 11-11-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3565857)

Don't you mean Toytec is a Chinese knockoff?

Dobs has the best budget LT kit on the market.

montijo505 11-12-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R916 (Post 3565795)
I currently have superflex rear springs with bilstein 5100 but want to change to Dobinson rear LT. is the superflex consider long travel springs? If they are i was just going to replace my rear shocks with dobinson long travel instead.

The short of it is you'll need longer springs and extended bump stops to make LT shocks work. Get a hold of @Crikeymike and he can help with part numbers and such. He's also running a sale through November.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

T4R916 11-12-2020 01:24 AM

Thanks guys!

andreylights 11-12-2020 02:39 AM

Quote:

I went from 5100+spacer lift to Dobinsons LT, so let me know if there are any particular questions I can may be helpful with.

Crikeymike 11-12-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3565857)

Dobinsons Spring & Suspension™ established in 1953, pride themselves on having the world’s largest range of 4x4 spring and suspension componentry.

Crikeymike 11-12-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Yes, they're a progressive spring and has some really good flex. I'm not sure what the limit is though with the length of shocks that can be ran with them. Best to give them a call and see if they have that info for you, then you can choose a longer shock without changing the springs.

The LT shocks though require longer brake lines, bump stop extensions, and preferably upper and lower trailing arms to rotate the pinion angle a bit and gain axle housing clearance from the shock at full droop. They can make contact with stock arms, and the upper arm on the driver's side can also contact the fuel tank too.

04rnr 11-12-2020 09:52 PM

Just because they say that on THIER website, doesn't make it true. They are still, a Chinese knockoff IMO
:cheers:

04rnr 11-12-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikeymike (Post 3565972)
Yes, they're a progressive spring and has some really good flex. I'm not sure what the limit is though with the length of shocks that can be ran with them. Best to give them a call and see if they have that info for you, then you can choose a longer shock without changing the springs.

The LT shocks though require longer brake lines, bump stop extensions, and preferably upper and lower trailing arms to rotate the pinion angle a bit and gain axle housing clearance from the shock at full droop. They can make contact with stock arms, and the upper arm on the driver's side can also contact the fuel tank too.

Do you work for them?

montijo505 11-12-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3566279)
Do you work for them?

He does and is upfront about it. Nothing to hide. I also tagged him and said as much.

xtremewlr 11-12-2020 11:05 PM

:popcorn:

Crikeymike 11-13-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3566279)
Do you work for them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by montijo505 (Post 3566289)
He does and is upfront about it. Nothing to hide. I also tagged him and said as much.

Yes, and my name is Mike Tomczyk, what's your name? You work for Toytec, right?

No worries there, just don't go slandering stuff that you have no idea about, as spreading misinformation about a product isn't the right thing to be doing on forums.

04rnr 11-13-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikeymike (Post 3566410)
Yes, and my name is Mike Tomczyk, what's your name? You work for Toytec, right?

No worries there, just don't go slandering stuff that you have no idea about, as spreading misinformation about a product isn't the right thing to be doing on forums.

so, you're a vendor, makes sense why you keep trying to talk them up.... My name is Ric, I help run a warehouse.
Ive been wheeling long enough to know what works and what doesnt, what will last and what wont,,been in business long enough to know quality products when I see them. Am I an expert? NOPE.
Good luck with