Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Rear bumper that fits 265/75/16 in stock spare location (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/292125-rear-bumper-fits-265-75-16-stock-spare-location.html)

yotadawgjr 11-19-2020 03:11 PM

Rear bumper that fits 265/75/16 in stock spare location

Looking for a rear bumper that still allows a 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeak in the stock spare location.

Seems like the Shrockworks would work, sent them an email to confirm. It's not my favorite looking, but it's decent, tho seems a bit big.

Lighter is better, just looking for something a bit stronger then stock, also not too complicated to install by your average mechanic

The spare tire carriers do look great, and are obviously much needed for heavy offroading, but I would prefer to keep my rear window vision and not have deal with a swingout everytime I need to access the hatch. Maybe I'd get used to the swingout but I think the loss of vision would always annoy me.

Iron duke 11-19-2020 04:02 PM

Have you thought about carrying your tire on the roof? I did that with a basket and it worked like a charm and didn’t create wind noise or make it noticeably more top heavy. Also, the pictures of the spare tire carriers have 33-35” tires on them instead of your 31.5” tires so you’d have more rear visibility than most of the pictures show. I know that’s not really what you’re looking for but there’s a couple options

yotadawgjr 11-23-2020 01:47 PM

I actually do own a basket so I've considered that, also looks pretty cool :) but even just the basket itself creates quite a tall rig that means a lot of parking garages are out of the question. Also would be worried about thieves taking my spare just for the fresh rubber, last time I bought tires I had them install a 5th tire as the original Dueller was still on there lol

No response from Shrockworks yet...

Good point about more visibility with my smaller tires, last couple of times I drove I've tried to pay attention to how much I actually look out that part of the window. Certainly for backing up it's super nice to have a clear view

the_welfare_wagon 11-23-2020 04:19 PM

I'm sure this probably won't be helpful but I'm running the exact same tires and size and it fits in the stock spare location. I just takes a bit of placement to get it in there. I really haven't had any issues with mine fitting, just my 0.02.

Unless I read that wrong and you want to have an aftermarket bumper to replace the stock one?

yotadawgjr 11-24-2020 05:49 PM

Yeah I'd like to upgrade to an aftermarket bumper and keep the spare in the same stock location. My 265/75/16 wildpeak does indeed fit with the stock bumper thankfully