Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Can anyone recommend a back seat cover? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/292428-can-anyone-recommend-back-seat-cover.html)

Desmoface 11-28-2020 10:23 AM

Can anyone recommend a back seat cover?

2 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,

Just got our first 4Runner yesterday and need to get a back seat cover as we have a dog. Can anyone recommend a good one that fits the 4Runner? Thanks in advance.

montijo505 11-28-2020 12:00 PM

If I were to get one I'd get the Carhartt version. Same material as their jackets, pricey but worth it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Old Tanker 11-28-2020 05:06 PM

We use the Viewpets Bench Car Seat Protector purchased from Amazon for about $35. Does a great job keeping doggie fur and paws from damaging the seats, and not too shameful to ask people to sit on. Amazon.com : VIEWPETS Bench Car Seat Cover Protector - Waterproof, Heavy-Duty and Nonslip Pet Car Seat Cover for Dogs with Universal Size Fits for Cars, Trucks & SUVs(Grey) : Pet Supplies

Desmoface 11-28-2020 05:17 PM

Cool, thanks, I’ll check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montijo505 (Post 3572659)
If I were to get one I'd get the Carhartt version. Same material as their jackets, pricey but worth it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Desmoface 11-28-2020 05:18 PM

Thanks, looks like a good value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tanker (Post 3572750)
We use the Viewpets Bench Car Seat Protector purchased from Amazon for about $35. Does a great job keeping doggie fur and paws from damaging the seats, and not too shameful to ask people to sit on. Amazon.com : VIEWPETS Bench Car Seat Cover Protector - Waterproof, Heavy-Duty and Nonslip Pet Car Seat Cover for Dogs with Universal Size Fits for Cars, Trucks & SUVs(Grey) : Pet Supplies

Mgyver1 11-29-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmoface (Post 3572634)
Hey everyone,

Just got our first 4Runner yesterday and need to get a back seat cover as we have a dog. Can anyone recommend a good one that fits the 4Runner? Thanks in advance.

WeatherTech has one that’s made in the USA. I have no experience with it, but it’s what I was going to try next. I have ones from Britax and they didn’t last long.

WeatherTech Seat Back Protector - Kick Mat and Organizer for the Back of your Seat | WeatherTech

Desmoface 11-29-2020 04:28 PM

Thanks Mgyver, I’ll check that one out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgyver1 (Post 3573046)
WeatherTech has one that’s made in the USA. I have no experience with it, but it’s what I was going to try next. I have ones from Britax and they didn’t last long.

WeatherTech Seat Back Protector - Kick Mat and Organizer for the Back of your Seat | WeatherTech

Jwsolar78 12-02-2020 08:58 PM

I ordered the Covercraft custom 4Runner back seat cover from the dealership when I bought my T4R. It is very spendy, but it is nice.

Desmoface 12-02-2020 09:06 PM

I saw that one, it does look very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwsolar78 (Post 3574470)
I ordered the Covercraft custom 4Runner back seat cover from the dealership when I bought my T4R. It is very spendy, but it is nice.

Staticrider 12-03-2020 11:22 AM

My Lab rides in the back so I purchased a Bulldogology Premium SUV Cargo liner for him and very satisfied. For the Grandkids who ride in the back seat I got the Weathertech unit. If I were to do that again I would go with Carhart.

Desmoface 12-03-2020 11:26 AM

Excellent, thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staticrider (Post 3574689)
My Lab rides in the back so I purchased a Bulldogology Premium SUV Cargo liner for him and very satisfied. For the Grandkids who ride in the back seat I got the Weathertech unit. If I were to do that again I would go with Carhart.

Yerman 12-03-2020 11:30 PM

Amazon find it, haha

Godzilla4R 12-08-2020 10:25 PM

Hey if you're looking for a versatile cat seat cover for your dog, this one is not bad. It can hang like a hammock in your back seat, has a mesh vent so you can see your dog, and it can be converted to use in your back storage area. If you're not concerned with a name brand product, this one has pretty good reviews and is a decent price. I also think there is a coupon available for an extra $4 dollars off, making it $34.99. Not bad with free shipping if you're a prime member.

Amazon.com : 4-in-1 Dog Car Seat Cover, OKMEE Convertible Dog Hammock Scratchproof Pet Car Seat Cover with Mesh Window 2 Seat Belts, Durable Nonslip Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat Protector for Cars Trucks SUVs : Pet Supplies

SPfromFL2710 12-10-2020 10:51 AM

Thanks! I’ll have to take a look at that.

Matewperry 12-14-2020 10:50 AM

I'd pick an upholstery fabric. Other than upholstery fabrics, I'd go with something sturdy and stand up to abrasion and wear, such as denim and duck canvas. If the cover is removable, also take the fabric's washability into consideration.

:mod: