Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Magnaflow Overland catback exhaust Group Buy on FB (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/292538-magnaflow-overland-catback-exhaust-group-buy-fb.html)

4runnerfiend 12-02-2020 12:57 AM

Magnaflow Overland catback exhaust Group Buy on FB

He all, not sure if someone has shared this yet but Magnaflow has come out with a super sick catback exhaust for the 3rd gen. High clearance, performance, and their new no drone tech. SRQ and Magnaflow are doing a group by on the FB page. check it out.

Here is the link to the FB page,
3rd Gen 4runner Mafia

Can't figure out how to link to the post but you should be able to find it if you search: 3G4M Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System Group Buy.

I have no affiliation with Magnaflow or SRQ, I'm signed up on the GB and want to share it here.

jross20 12-02-2020 01:09 AM

Any sound samples?

Fiffa 12-02-2020 02:30 AM

What if you're not on FB?

Endlessblockades 12-02-2020 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiffa (Post 3574103)
What if you're not on FB?

This ^^^^ closest I get to FB is an IG lurker account. The wife just had a look for me - it's a 35k member private 3G T4R FB group. That is some buying power....

Edit - here is a link to the current non-group sale price and specs: 96-02 3rd Gen 4Runner Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust System

5VZ-FE 12-02-2020 02:57 AM

I’d be very interested to hear a sound sample of the ‘no-drone technology’. My T100’s stock exhaust had a great throatiness and it would pop a little when decelerating in 1st gear, but it was really nice to drive because there was no drone. If this sounded similar I’d be very interested in buying...

WeakSauz 12-02-2020 09:50 AM

Found more info and sound clips on their website:
MagnaFlow Toyota 4Runner Overland Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System

Liking the clearance of no tailpipe. Doesnt sound obnoxious either!

Great job to Magnaflow for actually thinking this through well with the high clearance and quieter note + SS material :)

Bad Luck 12-02-2020 10:54 AM

I'm looking at their exhaust picture, but I don't understand what the loop back part after the muffler is for. Can anyone help me out?

Kanoe 12-02-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Luck (Post 3574188)
I'm looking at their exhaust picture, but I don't understand what the loop back part after the muffler is for. Can anyone help me out?

I'd guess a resonator set up. Sure looks strange though and I'm not sure I'd want the exhaust gasses dumping under the corner of the truck.

Bad Luck 12-02-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanoe (Post 3574191)
I'd guess a resonator set up. Sure looks strange though and I'm not sure I'd want the exhaust gasses dumping under the corner of the truck.

I was thinking that, but it seemed strange to me too for the resonator to dump exhaust separate from the exhaust exit at the rear. I thought resonators were still inline of all the exhaust flow to function properly as well

Ed_C 12-02-2020 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Luck (Post 3574188)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanoe (Post 3574191)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Luck (Post 3574193)
I was thinking that, but it seemed strange to me too for the resonator to dump exhaust separate from the exhaust exit at the rear. I thought resonators were still inline of all the exhaust flow to function properly as well

It's a resonator, there's no outlet at the other end of it. I've seen both OEM and aftermarket exhausts use "J tube" type resonators.

According to the instructions you can bypass the resonator by inserting the cap at the muffler outlet if you want more noise.

Formidable 12-02-2020 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It’s called a helmholtz resonator. Essentially the sound frequency can be “tuned” to eliminate drone by increasing or decreasing the length of the resonator /end pipe to bounce a specific wavelength back to the front of the vehicle essentially cancelling out the same frequency.

I have these resonators custom made on my GTR. Mine have been tuned to reduce drone at 2500 rpm... which works great at 65-70 mph highway cruising.

Bad Luck 12-02-2020 12:34 PM

You learn something new every day. Thanks guys! Such a strange design but you can't argue with results. I wonder how rust/corrosion resistant these will be

WeakSauz 12-02-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Luck (Post 3574234)
I wonder how rust/corrosion resistant these will be

Being from magnaflow, I'm sure they'll be super high quality Stainless Steel. One of my close friends has a mustang with SS Magnaflow mufflers on it that are 15years old and they look new still

Endlessblockades 12-02-2020 12:50 PM

Here is the do-it-yourself installation sheet:

https://mfcdnstorage.blob.core.windo...eets/19538.pdf

Kinda wish there was audio for this option: "For a more aggressive sound use the Block off Pipe in place of the U-Pipe & NDT Chamber using the supplied 2.50" clamp."

My current MF Drone1 muffler cost $100

Formidable 12-02-2020 12:57 PM

Can someone notify the Facebook page that members that don’t have Facebook may be interested in hearing more about the group buy pricing? Can someone confirm whether it’s 304 stainless or shitty 405?

I have Facebook but it’s a private group and who knows when the moderators will approve.