Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What battery you using? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/293610-what-battery-you-using.html)

Ocean Hitchhiker 01-03-2021 10:04 AM

What battery you using?

My battery decided that 2020 was too much and didn’t make it to 2021. What deep cycle is everyone running? I have fogs, light bar, and ditch lights wired directly to the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amir_gh 01-03-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean Hitchhiker (Post 3586902)
My battery decided that 2020 was too much and didn’t make it to 2021. What deep cycle is everyone running? I have fogs, light bar, and ditch lights wired directly to the battery.

I am using X2Power Premium AGM Battery. Its made by northstar. Its little expensive, but its worth the price. No modification needed. its a beast!

fkheath 01-03-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

If you keep the engine running, the alternator is more than enough to power every thing you have, thus a deep cycle battery is not needed.

However, if you are not running the engine, and you have loads like a refrigerator you need running all the time, then a deep cycle would be needed, but usually as a secondary battery.

When I look for a new battery, I always look for capacity (amp hours), cold cranking amps and warranty. The battery omr gh recommended would be great in that regard.

Many people have gotten batteries from Costco (Interstate batteries) that are good, and I have gotten batteries from lowly Walmart because they had ones that met my criteria (capacity, CCA, warranty).

I've learned to avoid Bosch batteries (Pep Boys) because I have had really bad experiences with them failing even during warranty.

fkheath 01-03-2021 12:53 PM

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

st723 01-03-2021 01:17 PM

Following. In need of a new battery for my 2016.

comtn4x4 01-03-2021 02:51 PM

I use a Northstar NSB-AGM27F. It's a bit larger than the stock battery but fits without issue in the stock location. You do need to either charge it regularly or use one of the voltage boosters to keep it healthy and prolong it's life.

NSB-AGM27F

97BlackAckCL 01-03-2021 05:24 PM

I love my Odyssey battery, after several bad Optimas in a row, I made the switch to Odyssey and run them in both my cars now

Superjet 01-03-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amir_gh (Post 3586937)
I am using X2Power Premium AGM Battery. Its made by northstar. Its little expensive, but its worth the price. No modification needed. its a beast!

Same here, and my battery issues are gone now that I do not drive daily. Batteries Plus had it on sale plus an additional 10% off plus %30 rebate.
Search Results for SLI24FAGMDP at Batteries Plus Bulbs

TheWraith 01-03-2021 06:36 PM

NorthStar 24F AGM battery w/ GM diode mod

I have no plans on going duals

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5ba5f163_c.jpg

Rack 01-03-2021 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Otima & Odyssey One of each

The Otima fits the shrockworks tray

The Odyssey fits the OEM Tray with the bottom adapter ( order the adapter with the Battery its like 5 bucks). Takes 5 mins. to install.

One and Done.

jhguth 01-04-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

I have fogs, light bar, and ditch lights wired directly to the battery.

unless you are using your lights for prolonged periods with your engine off, these shouldn't require the use of an AGM battery

Nobody Special 01-04-2021 10:31 AM

After 11 years, my Deka/East Penn made Advance Auto Parts battery finally is dead.
Bad cell.
(I do maintain my batteries, and it is wet because I had cleaned it prior to placing on a charger which states dead cell)

I have a Deka Ultimate in everything else.
I think their TOTL line name changed though.

https://i.imgur.com/Gjw340Z.jpg

Paragon1 01-04-2021 10:56 AM

spend the money...
Group'-'35/Q85 Lithium Car Battery – Antigravity Batteries

JLTD 01-04-2021 11:10 AM

Still OEM at the moment, but in the cold, starts are not turning over as quickly as last year.

I have usually gone with Interstate in the past.

Nobody Special 01-04-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon1 (Post 3587338)

$800+?
WOW!

I like quality stuff, but there is no way I can justify that even with a hefty sum of audio equipment.