Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Eibach Lift and LCA update (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/293757-eibach-lift-lca-update.html)

AzCasper 01-07-2021 07:06 PM

Eibach Lift and LCA update

1 Attachment(s)
Picked her up from the alignment shop and took her for a ride. I am VERY happy with the results. Road manners are vastly improved. Took a small detour down a Forrest Road and enjoyed the improved ground clearance and ride.

Fine print: I purchased this 2004 V8 Limited knowing the XREAS was toast.
I assembled the front shocks and springs on the second clip from the bottom, using new top plates. Lower control arms were replaced at the same time, as the alignment bolts had to be cut out. Alignment hardware was replaced with Factory Toyota parts.

Tironeous 01-07-2021 08:51 PM

Hey thanks for PMing me and getting me to this post. Looks good! So remind me, you bought the full Eibach Pro Truck Lift (Stage 1), right?

You set it on the second lowest clip. According to the install docs, that should net 3.4" of lift. Did you happen to take before and after measurements?

What size tires are you running?

AzCasper 01-07-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tironeous (Post 3588879)
Hey thanks for PMing me and getting me to this post. Looks good! So remind me, you bought the full Eibach Pro Truck Lift (Stage 1), right?

You set it on the second lowest clip. According to the install docs, that should net 3.4" of lift. Did you happen to take before and after measurements?

What size tires are you running?

It is the full kit...4 springs and 4 shocks. Eibach says 1.8" lift with the V8 4Runner, so I used the second clip from the bottom.

I didn't bother with before measurements because the XREAS system had leaked dry.

Tires are stock size 265/65-17 Coopers.

Tironeous 01-07-2021 09:55 PM

Looks great! Didn’t even consider the V8 being that much heavier. What’d they say the second clip should be for the V8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzCasper 01-07-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tironeous (Post 3588913)
Looks great! Didn’t even consider the V8 being that much heavier. What’d they say the second clip should be for the V8?

I called Eibach and they said it should be level on the second clip. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Eibach!

gimlithepirate 01-08-2021 10:21 AM

That's funny, on mine the first clip was pretty much level. It always amazes me how much variance there is with these lift kits...

Tironeous 01-08-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimlithepirate (Post 3589038)
That's funny, on mine the first clip was pretty much level. It always amazes me how much variance there is with these lift kits...

V8 or V6? I’m leaning on the lowest setting to keep a little factory rake. On Eibach site it shows 1.8” front and 1” rear for V8. On the V6 it shows 2.75” front and 1” rear.

little_joe 01-08-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tironeous (Post 3589090)
V8 or V6? I’m leaning on the lowest setting to keep a little factory rake. On Eibach site it shows 1.8” front and 1” rear for V8. On the V6 it shows 2.75” front and 1” rear.

I installed the kit on my v8 4R at the lowest clip and got a slight rake - I like it, and when loading the rear, it sits level. Rides great.

AzCasper 01-08-2021 05:00 PM

I used the second from the bottom because I will be adding a steel front bumper and winch soon. With the added weight of the V8, I was concerned about the front end being too low. It is level now, so I expect it to drop a bit after the bumper and winch install.

Tironeous 01-08-2021 05:32 PM

Eibach Lift and LCA update

Would anyone else mind positing pics? Pre and post lift? Please add the details to lift perch setting, wheel size, etc... thanks!

phatcheeks 01-08-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tironeous (Post 3589246)
Would anyone else mind positing pics? Pre and post lift? Please add the details to lift perch setting, wheel size, etc... thanks!

Not sure if this helps but here is my setup with the Eibach shocks and OME885 first perch and OME895 rear. 265/70/17 with the spidertrax spacers.
After a lot of reading I wasnt a fan of the springs that came with the kit because of the lift height and a lot of people had a lower rear compared to front. That why I went with the OME setup.

https://i.imgur.com/7kVhIem.jpg?1