Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Ground switching vs power switching (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/293892-ground-switching-vs-power-switching.html)

KEØHZA 01-11-2021 10:25 PM

Ground switching vs power switching

Do you guys switch the ground side of a load or the power side. I eventually I will be adding all of the fun battery drainers to the runner. I know with led lights, relays are unnecessary. I will just use the appropriate amperage switch. I am just interested in how you have your electrical wired and why? TIA

Burt 01-12-2021 12:31 AM

With respect to DC .... switch on positive. Electricity flows negative to positive.
Make sure you have proper rated fuse/breaker, switch, connections and wire gauge/insulation. Sheathing for chaffing as needed. If exposed to the elements, I suggest marine grade. Blue Sea makes some good marine hardware and can be found on Amazon.

JosiahHudson 01-13-2021 03:42 AM

2020 Trd off road front suspension noise?

Hey guys! I have a 2020 4Runner trd off road w/kdss and I’m wondering if anyone has the same clunk I’ve been dealing with. Coming from owning a Jeep Wrangler, hearing clunks are usually an indication somethings loose and has to be tightened before it does further damage. The noise I’ve been chasing only happens at low speeds when off roading, usually on fire roads. It’s only up until recently I noticed when I have it loaded down with a roof top tent, awning, roof rack that it’ll make the noise pulling into my parking structure after a 20 minute commute.omegle xender

I can only dig up so much on forums, and seems to be that the KDSS makes a noise when you’re driving below 12mph and the sound is usually just the hydraulic piston pushing up and down as the suspension cycles, so that would explain it off road. But hearing on road is what concerns me.

The car has 7000 miles on it and when I took it to the dealer last week, I rode with the master technician in order to get me to recreate the sound again, but I explained everything to him as I did above. He said he retorqued what he could without dismantling anything to deep, and lubricated everything too.