Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Lexus GX470/460 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/lexus-gx470-460-a/)
-   -   I may pick up an over-priced GX470 tomorrow! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/lexus-gx470-460-a/294635-i-may-pick-up-over-priced-gx470-tomorrow.html)

NJ-4Runner 02-04-2021 11:11 PM

I may pick up an over-priced GX470 tomorrow!

I have been keeping my eye out for one of these for about 9 months now. I actually picked up a nice 2002 3rd Gen 4runner during my hunt for theGX470 A 2009 popped up yesterday and I am checking it out tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Nobody Special 02-04-2021 11:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/i6LC4CA.png

TLar25 02-05-2021 07:14 PM

You end up getting it?

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

TLar25 02-05-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody Special (Post 3600633)

What are the details on the ash blue Micah? Looks like a sweet ride

Nobody Special 02-05-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLar25 (Post 3600954)
What are the details on the ash blue Micah? Looks like a sweet ride

T'was something from here awhile back.
ACC Garage

Oldmanb777 02-05-2021 11:57 PM

Seems like EVERYTHING is over priced right now. But people are buying in droves, so must mean it isn't. Boggles the mind what people are paying for stuff. And selling quickly. Cars, housing, airplanes, boats, RV's, motorcycles. Doesn't seem to matter what it is. Selling for ridiculous prices. I don't get it.
But if your happy with the deal, go for it, and enjoy.

MAST4R 02-06-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldmanb777 (Post 3601063)
Seems like EVERYTHING is over priced right now. But people are buying in droves, so must mean it isn't. Boggles the mind what people are paying for stuff. And selling quickly. Cars, housing, airplanes, boats, RV's, motorcycles. Doesn't seem to matter what it is. Selling for ridiculous prices. I don't get it.
But if your happy with the deal, go for it, and enjoy.

I had to have our bikes fixed and when I drove to the bike shop and saw it empty I was afraid it had closed for good. Nope, they were simply out of bikes! They only had like a dozen bikes total! It used to be lined up with bikes all around.

I cannot get Icon rebuild kits or even shock oil for like 2 months. I am trying to replace them with Bilstein 8100 anyway but those are also weeks away as the first production series had been sold out. Good I have spare shocks!

As for 4x4s, the only decent prices I am seeing--after noticing everyone complaining--are X-Terra Pro-4X.

NJ-4Runner 02-06-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLar25 (Post 3600953)
You end up getting it?

I did not get there in time for one in my original post, someone bought it before me without even looking at it!

I don't know how but another one popped up last night and I jumped on it immediately. 2009, about 80k miles, black with that dark grey interior. Cleanest one I have ever seen. No rust underneath, the wheels aren't even banged up, the clear coat on the wheels is totally intact. The wheels are also the dark gunmetal color. One owner and it look's like it was garage kept. I almost paid 20k out the door for it. It was a lot but again, I have never seen one this clean. Most importantly is that it has no rust. I have looked at a ton of these and most of them had moderate to severe rust underneath. It may need a couple of things here and there but for the most part it is mint. The one CV boot is ripped in the front so I know I have to fix that already. Other than that everything checked out. This is going to be our daily driver for a long time until it gets older and I don't feel so bad about dragging it through the woods. I have the 3rd Gen 4Runner for the woods for the time being!

Oldmanb777 02-06-2021 09:39 PM

I don't get it. Not a day goes by that we don't get unsolicited offers for our real-estate, at ridiculous prices. ( we have rental property. ) So some of that is driven by low interest rates. I get that one, but the sales price more than makes up for low interest rates. I occasionally have bought used cars to flip. Right now, I can buy new for less than used. But the used are in high demand. I could sell my motorcycles for much more than they were worth 2 yrs ago. I helped a former student pilot of mine, buy an airplane 3 years ago. He put well over 400 hours on it in 3 yrs. So thats like maybe 50K miles. No additions to it since he bought it. He just sold it in a week for 50% more than he paid for it. But we keep being told the economy is in a bad way and the gubermint needs to print massive amounts of cash and add massive debt to repair it. I don't understand.

NJ-4Runner 02-06-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldmanb777 (Post 3601370)
I don't get it. Not a day goes by that we don't get unsolicited offers for our real-estate, at ridiculous prices. ( we have rental property. ) So some of that is driven by low interest rates. I get that one, but the sales price more than makes up for low interest rates. I occasionally have bought used cars to flip. Right now, I can buy new for less than used. But the used are in high demand. I could sell my motorcycles for much more than they were worth 2 yrs ago. I helped a former student pilot of mine, buy an airplane 3 years ago. He put well over 400 hours on it in 3 yrs. So thats like maybe 50K miles. No additions to it since he bought it. He just sold it in a week for 50% more than he paid for it. But we keep being told the economy is in a bad way and the gubermint needs to print massive amounts of cash and add massive debt to repair it. I don't understand.

I believe what is happening is that there are many out there who are really not doing well financially but there are just as many that are making very powerful forward strides. I have been lucky and have been making more money than I ever have through this ordeal. Interest rates are low, money is cheap right now, people with any kind of excess income are jumping all over real estate. I live in NJ and the housing market is out of control, people are moving out of New York and Philadelphia to NJ in droves and bringing their money with them. It is unreal. I have people at work who have sold their homes and temporarily moved into apartments because the money was too hard to pass up!

Also quality is in demand. GX 470s, 4Runners, these are quality trucks and people know that so they shell out the money. Was your student's airplane a quality machine?

TLar25 02-07-2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ-4Runner (Post 3601369)
I did not get there in time for one in my original post, someone bought it before me without even looking at it!

I don't know how but another one popped up last night and I jumped on it immediately. 2009, about 80k miles, black with that dark grey interior. Cleanest one I have ever seen. No rust underneath, the wheels aren't even banged up, the clear coat on the wheels is totally intact. The wheels are also the dark gunmetal color. One owner and it look's like it was garage kept. I almost paid 20k out the door for it. It was a lot but again, I have never seen one this clean. Most importantly is that it has no rust. I have looked at a ton of these and most of them had moderate to severe rust underneath. It may need a couple of things here and there but for the most part it is mint. The one CV boot is ripped in the front so I know I have to fix that already. Other than that everything checked out. This is going to be our daily driver for a long time until it gets older and I don't feel so bad about dragging it through the woods. I have the 3rd Gen 4Runner for the woods for the time being!

Congrats! Post pics of the new ride! Sounds like you found a sport edition [emoji1786]Is the wood trim the dark grey color?

Oldmanb777 02-07-2021 12:53 AM

That plane is decent, not perfect, and a bit dated, but good bones. Yes people are coming here from NY and Kalifornia in droves with money. People I know are having very good times, financially. All the people in the trades are so busy they can't keep up. IT is big too. Companies are competing for people . I see sign up bonuses offered for lots of workers. The only place I see hurting, is the restaurant and bars. Short term rentals are busy around us. Everything else seems to be doing well.

NJ-4Runner 02-07-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLar25 (Post 3601435)
Congrats! Post pics of the new ride! Sounds like you found a sport edition [emoji1786]Is the wood trim the dark grey color?

I don't think it is a sport edition, it just has the dark wheels. Check out the pictures from the listing and let me know what you think.

Click here for the original listing

TLar25 02-07-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ-4Runner (Post 3601514)
I don't think it is a sport edition, it just has the dark wheels. Check out the pictures from the listing and let me know what you think.

Click here for the original listing

Oh yeah not a sport edition, but dang you weren't kidding! That thing is clean! Congrats!

Oldmanb777 02-07-2021 11:27 PM

Wow, that sounds great. Low miles mall crawler with not a lot of snow days. Hard to beat that. Looking forward to pictures of it. :thumb: