Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2021 TRD Pro After Market wheel suggestions? Higher end (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/294812-2021-trd-pro-after-market-wheel-suggestions-higher-end.html)

Phoreal 02-10-2021 11:15 PM

2021 TRD Pro After Market wheel suggestions? Higher end

New to this world, and would like some guidance and suggestions.

I have a 2021 TRD Pro, and I’d like to get new wheels, but don’t want to use spacers or any modifications. Really just new wheels and tires.

Could you guys give me suggestions as to what higher/highest end options there are for 4runners?

What’s the general consensus on Volk TE37s? Just can’t seem to let go of my “1/4 mile at a time” childhood...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain Planet 02-11-2021 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoreal (Post 3603137)
New to this world, and would like some guidance and suggestions.

I have a 2021 TRD Pro, and I’d like to get new wheels, but don’t want to use spacers or any modifications. Really just new wheels and tires.

Could you guys give me suggestions as to what higher/highest end options there are for 4runners?

What’s the general consensus on Volk TE37s? Just can’t seem to let go of my “1/4 mile at a time” childhood...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rays TE37 is a 15" wheel. Would appear to be too small.

'high-end' is relative. Do you want to bash rocks hard as ****? maybe get steel wheels you can bash back into shape with a rock/hammer. You want to just look rad, the RRW stuff is pretty cool. Not to say they can't handle it, but a lot of hardcore dudes rock steelies because you can just bend them back.

EDIT: there are other sizes of TE37 available, I mean you could go for it, but these really aren't off-road wheels. Most baller shit would be full beadlocks, but if you have to ask this question, you probably don't need/want them.

Chubbypanda 02-11-2021 01:06 AM

Rays Volk Racing TE37 Wheels 18X9 6X139.7 0 Offset Bronze Large P.C.D. Progressive Model

pull4adv 02-11-2021 01:21 AM

You cant go wrong with TE's!

mrblah 02-11-2021 01:47 AM

Volks, advan, Enkies are still my favorite high end JDM rims, that make rims that fit our vehicles. However, as people have pointed out, offroading environments will destroy the finish on any rim in very short order.

18 trd off road 02-11-2021 08:28 AM

Stealth wheels are my favorite

RAY 10 – STEALTH CUSTOM SERIES™

RusPro17 02-11-2021 02:18 PM

You cannot go wrong with SCS wheels. I have the F5’s and love them.

08TxRunner 02-11-2021 02:46 PM

FN Wheels are pretty good. I've had three sets on three trucks.

meRockboost 02-11-2021 04:27 PM

The volks are amazing, the works are also awesome

MEISTER S1HC | WORK
– Runnin 4 Tacos

Snowtrooper 02-12-2021 05:41 AM

Volk TE-37XT’s are pretty nice.

I have Volks and Works on my sportier cars so I’m quite fond of them.

With that said, I find them to be a little overkill on an off-road set-up with the kind of tire profiles we are running. Ultra light and forged not such a big benefit on a slow suv but if you like the brand and bling then by all means.

Also to add, the popular JDM wheels tend to have a more conservative offset unless custom ordered. You have to look at off-road-centric brands like Stealth Custom Series for a more aggressive look without running spacers.

Mudballz 02-12-2021 09:12 AM

Higher end and 4Runner kinda clash in perception because the 4Runner is known as a work horse unless you buying for ruggedness
But most high end rim manufacturers like HRE BBS WORK and FUEL will build to your spec if your willing to pay and play
Mike

Phoreal 02-13-2021 11:24 AM

Appreciate everyone’s insight.

Based on the comments, away from the JDM manufacturers, SCS is the “higher end”?

Phoreal 02-13-2021 11:27 AM

Digging the Ray 10s from SCS, thinking the matte jet black for “Luna” (aka TRD Pro Lunar Rock).

Can someone direct me to the most aggressive size/fitment possible with these wheels without modifications?

Also, assuming will need new tires as well?

Appreciate all the feedback gents.

Phoreal 02-13-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Planet (Post 3603167)
Rays TE37 is a 15" wheel. Would appear to be too small.

'high-end' is relative. Do you want to bash rocks hard as ****? maybe get steel wheels you can bash back into shape with a rock/hammer. You want to just look rad, the RRW stuff is pretty cool. Not to say they can't handle it, but a lot of hardcore dudes rock steelies because you can just bend them back.

EDIT: there are other sizes of TE37 available, I mean you could go for it, but these really aren't off-road wheels. Most baller shit would be full beadlocks, but if you have to ask this question, you probably don't need/want them.

Hate to admit this publicly, but the 4R’s primary use will be Costco, Home Depot, and fishing excursions (no off road, beach driving).

Appreciate your feedback here.

Snowtrooper 02-13-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoreal (Post 3604105)
Digging the Ray 10s from SCS, thinking the matte jet black for “Luna” (aka TRD Pro Lunar Rock).

Can someone direct me to the most aggressive size/fitment possible with these wheels without modifications?

Also, assuming will need new tires as well?

Appreciate all the feedback gents.

I think you really only have two options with the SCS Ray 10:

A.) 17 by 8.5 -10 offset
B.) 17 by 9 -38 offset

You can do a straight swap of your stock tires for option A with minimal modification. Possibly a little trimming of the front plastic at full lock but I wouldn’t worry about it. Any upsizing of the tire and you prob have to modify for sure or install aftermarket UCA to push caster.

For a really aggressive fit, option B will most likely require the aforementioned trimming and a body mount chop in the front wheel wells. Especially since you may want to upsize the tires.(I imagine stock-sized tires in a 9 wide and aggressive offset will look kind of strange.) You might be able to get away with UCA and aligning the caster but there are too many “maybes” with option B.

SCS are reasonably priced relative to JDM/ HRE etc...but with all that said, I will prob never buy them. They’re always sold out. Im not sure if it’s intentional scarcity for marketing purposes, but I’m too old and impatient for this game. I like to impulsively pull the trigger lol.

This is just what I’ve gathered but open to correction.