Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Front suspension question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/294934-front-suspension-question.html)

Vermonster76 02-15-2021 06:34 PM

Front suspension question

Over the weekend my neighbor and I installed a Fox 2.5 DSC suspension front and rear with Eibach 1in springs and Icon DJ UCA’s.

There’s a total of 2.5in lift in the front and according to Acutune with that amount and the 1in springs it would be level.

So here’s my question, the front is noticeably higher than the rear. Does it need to settle after a few weeks or should we get back in there and adjust height.

Thanks!

Skidmarcx 02-15-2021 06:50 PM

I would drive it for at least a week after a fresh install before making any height adjustment as both front and rear should settle, I would at least dial in the alignment as best as you can for now.

daytonaviolet 02-15-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermonster76 (Post 3604939)
Over the weekend my neighbor and I installed a Fox 2.5 DSC suspension front and rear with Eibach 1in springs and Icon DJ UCA’s.

There’s a total of 2.5in lift in the front and according to Acutune with that amount and the 1in springs it would be level.

So here’s my question, the front is noticeably higher than the rear. Does it need to settle after a few weeks or should we get back in there and adjust height.

Thanks!

so I’m guessing you didn’t change the rear springs or add any spacer. Did you measure the fronts and rears before and after addingthe front coil overs ?

Normally stock height is 20” fronts and 22” rears. So if you added 2.5” Coilovers, you should be at 22.5. That should make the fronts leveled with the rears. Usually 1/2” (22.5”) extra is needed to make it level to the rears.

Let’s see some side profiles

fkheath 02-16-2021 12:06 AM

It has been my experience that what is advertised is not always what you get. For example, I put in the Rough Country leveling kit (spacers) that is supposed to lift the front 2" and the rear 1", but it ended up more like 2.5" front (and 1" rear). Since with spacers the original springs, shocks, and struts are used, there is nothing to settle.

acidrane 02-16-2021 01:28 AM

I did a 1.7" front lift (bilstein) and added 1" rear coils and kept the same front rake as stock, just higher. Initially everything was 2/1.5" higher but then it settled down a bit.

Vermonster76 02-16-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet (Post 3605026)
so I’m guessing you didn’t change the rear springs or add any spacer. Did you measure the fronts and rears before and after addingthe front coil overs ?

Normally stock height is 20” fronts and 22” rears. So if you added 2.5” Coilovers, you should be at 22.5. That should make the fronts leveled with the rears. Usually 1/2” (22.5”) extra is needed to make it level to the rears.

I’ll get some photos up tomorrow.

I did change the rear springs to 1in Eibach at the recommendation of Accutune.

Went down some rutted roads today to help settle them a bit. Anyway, photos up tomorrow.

daytonaviolet 02-16-2021 02:10 AM

Pictures and measurements is what I usually do. I measure from hub to fender and also fender to ground.

Today I adjusted my passenger side preload from 10 turns to 7 turns and achieved ~23.5 (~38.5”.). Drivers side is ~23.75” (38.75”) without me in the truck.

This is my third time adjusting the heights since installing them. I waited about two weeks to let it settle.

Vermonster76 02-16-2021 02:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet (Post 3605026)

Here are the side profiles. It feels like it just has to settle a bit but I could be wrong

Spyder4runner 02-16-2021 02:20 PM

I have the same setup from Accutune, and yes it will settle after 500 miles or so. From your pictures it looks like it’ll settle evenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmatroni 02-16-2021 02:46 PM

Looks great :D