Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Odd...2021 TRD OR WITHOUT keyless entry/push start (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/295059-odd-2021-trd-without-keyless-entry-push-start.html)

Birddog1911 02-19-2021 07:04 PM

Odd...2021 TRD OR WITHOUT keyless entry/push start

Picked up my '21 TRD OR last night, and was suddenly confused, as the sales guy gave me a fob with a key. I swore that it should have had push start. Well, checked the Toyota site, and it says that it is standard with keyless entry and push start.

Now, I'm actually a little happy with this, since it's less that can go wrong. But then, I wonder if I'm paying more for a feature that I don't actually have.

We're finishing up the financial tomorrow, and I'd love any outside info regarding that. Also, is only 1 key standard, or should there be more than one?

KingPrat 02-19-2021 07:14 PM

From what I can tell, the OR Premium comes with the smart key, but not the standard OR.

Same with SR5/SR5P

daytonaviolet 02-19-2021 07:21 PM

I like the keyless entry. Just leave keys in pocket. Keyless also has window controls on the rear hatch.

Birddog1911 02-19-2021 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPrat (Post 3606627)
From what I can tell, the OR Premium comes with the smart key, but not the standard OR.

Same with SR5/SR5P

This is what I see:

ltsatch 02-19-2021 10:08 PM

Edited-----I just bought a 21 trd off road. Regular key, no sun roof, no roof rack cross bars, no seat heat. no running boards. They did give me five extra pounds of air in each tire, for free, thought the thing was riding funny.

Birddog1911 02-19-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltsatch (Post 3606700)
I just bought a 21 trd-pro. Regular key, no sun roof, no roof rack cross bars, no seat heat. no running boards. They did give me five extra pounds of air in each tire, for free, thought the thing was riding funny.

You might want to talk to someone, since you didn't get half of the features you should have. I wouldn't have accepted it.

edgesalon 02-19-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

I just bought a 21 trd-pro. Regular key, no sun roof, no roof rack cross bars, no seat heat. no running boards. They did give me five extra pounds of air in each tire, for free, thought the thing was riding funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birddog1911 (Post 3606705)
You might want to talk to someone, since you didn't get half of the features you should have. I wouldn't have accepted it.

Are you sure its a Pro :frusty: is that what you ordered or what was on the lot and what was the price ?

umidkusername 02-19-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

I hope you didn't pay the Pro price premium lol. Damn.

KingPrat 02-20-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birddog1911 (Post 3606692)
This is what I see:

Yeah I just looked again on the Toyota website and that's what I see as well. I honestly think it's a mistake, unless they changed things from 2020. In 2020 the "Premium" models got the smart key system, along with TRD Pro and Limited.

I could be wrong, but it would be bizarre if they upgraded that across models and it wasn't written about/advertised more. The LED headlights are written about everywhere.

Quote:

Sounds to me like you need to have a little chat-ski with your dealer..... Does it have Softex seats? 2021 Pro comes with a sunroof. And heated Softex seats. Standard.

fkheath 02-20-2021 12:44 AM

All new Toyota vehicles come with TWO keys no matter what the trim level or other options. My RAV4 came with only one key, someone "lost" one of the keys, so the dealer had to provide a second key under warranty. You should demand that.

lewdog998 02-20-2021 12:55 AM

My last vehicle had the smart key/ push button start and it came on my 2020 pro so I find it pretty handy. It also works with the toyota app which allows remote start through the app, so you dont even have to see the vehicle. It also lets you see vehicle status, fuel level, what doors are locked and not, what windows are open etc. you can also lock and unlock the car.....valet and guest driver settings too. Anyways, point is that the smart key system has alot of extra features beyond just touching the handle to unlock or the push to start.

one negative, not sure how to address yet....lets say you go to beach or swimming hole and you want hide your key...you cannot hide it under the car...
whats the solution for this, besides taking it with you?

brocilez 02-20-2021 02:09 AM

Love the keyless entry in my 21 TRD ORP. Found it super helpful the other day when my hands were full and I unlocked and opened the door with my pinky haha but I do hate the annoying beeping when it’s on and you close the door with key outside

DallasTRDPro 02-20-2021 03:15 AM

Quote:

Not a Pro.

Whippersnapper02 02-20-2021 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's just a typo. You can also look at your window sticker.

ltsatch 02-21-2021 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasTRDPro (Post 3606762)
Not a Pro.

Sorry folks, my mistake TRD Off Road. Paid 37.5