Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   3rd Gen Antenna Replacement Assembly (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/295326-3rd-gen-antenna-replacement-assembly.html)

shadow247 02-27-2021 10:47 PM

3rd Gen Antenna Replacement Assembly

Ran across a guy on Facebook selling rebuilt and tested Antenna Assemblies for 75 bucks!

I should have it later this week! I have already messed with the a new mast for hours with no luck....I will update this thread with pics of when it arrives and maybe get it installed before next Sunday! PM ME for info, I don't really feel right just posting someones Facebook link on this open forum....

xdustin 02-28-2021 01:44 AM

Do people still use their radios? I'm being kinda serious actually. I broke mine off on a trail a year or so ago. Have toyed with replacing it because that's what you do, but also, just searching for a delete kit of some sort. $75 seems like a decent price I suppose.

cl4Rk 02-28-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdustin (Post 3609985)
Do people still use their radios? I'm being kinda serious actually. I broke mine off on a trail a year or so ago. Have toyed with replacing it because that's what you do, but also, just searching for a delete kit of some sort. $75 seems like a decent price I suppose.

I use the original factory radio unit. My power antenna is broken, I hear the motor grinding for a few seconds during power on/off, but I still get good reception.

DreadPirateJon 02-28-2021 08:09 PM

With the rear diversity antenna, the front power mast one seems kinda redundant in most situations. I think ive seen most people find the mast is better for AM and the rear antenna better for FM.

shadow247 02-28-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreadPirateJon (Post 3610221)
With the rear diversity antenna, the front power mast one seems kinda redundant in most situations. I think ive seen most people find the mast is better for AM and the rear antenna better for FM.

I have an aftermarket radio, and haven't bothered to do the adapter mod to add the diversity antenna back in. Just one of those things I'll get around to eventually.

I like to listen to NPR or the local Classic station sometimes. You may think I"m an old Fart, but i'm just an old person stuck in a 36 year old body.

DreadPirateJon 02-28-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow247 (Post 3610257)
I have an aftermarket radio, and haven't bothered to do the adapter mod to add the diversity antenna back in. Just one of those things I'll get around to eventually.

I like to listen to NPR or the local Classic station sometimes. You may think I"m an old Fart, but i'm just an old person stuck in a 36 year old body.

I actually just got around to doing the adaptor mod this week. I had no front antenna before, and did not know about the rear antenna until I was running in the new front wire and wondered what that weird looking plug was. Kinda wish I had just used it from the get go.