Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   JBA Upper Control Arms Rubbing? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/295809-jba-upper-control-arms-rubbing.html)

RazzRoach 03-15-2021 05:50 PM

JBA Upper Control Arms Rubbing?

I have Icon Stage 2 suspension and the Jba Upper Control arms. When I turn wheel almost full to either side such as back up out of parking space and drive forward there is a clunking noise. I don't have wheel spacers and am running 275's. Has anyone else had this problem?

RazzRoach 03-29-2021 08:40 PM

anybody?!

S p a r k y 03-30-2021 09:51 AM

Could be a few things.
1. Sway bar bushings
2. Sway bar end links
3. LCA bushings
4. Lower ball joints

montijo505 03-30-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazzRoach (Post 3616449)
I have Icon Stage 2 suspension and the Jba Upper Control arms. When I turn wheel almost full to either side such as back up out of parking space and drive forward there is a clunking noise. I don't have wheel spacers and am running 275's. Has anyone else had this problem?

Have you done any clearancing for the bigger tires? Though not much bigger then stock, they are likely running the lower inside lip of the front bumper or the wheel well liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlievee 03-30-2021 11:54 AM

Have you checked the front end components?

aemravan 03-30-2021 03:37 PM

I'm on JBA High caster standard UCA's and I can tell you that for tire clearance they are worse than the factory arms because of the way they sweep out towards the joint to give you more pre-built caster.

I am on a 315 tire (35's) and my factory arm did not rub with my 17x9 -12et tire, soon as I installed the JBA's I noticed rubbing start at near full lock. I am on the Bilstein 5100/OME 3" suspension lift and 1" body lift.

With my setup, I estimate 1/2" spacer would have done the job, but since you can't run such a thin spacer without custom machining I just had 1" spacers delivered. Down the road I plan on getting a 9" wide wheel with something like a -20 to -30 offset to not have to run spacers.

With that said though, is this a new lift you just put on? New tires? a little more information would help. Do you have the body mounts chopped? It should be fairly easy to see what is rubbing.. just turn to full lock and get under the car and see what's going on.

RazzRoach 04-04-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aemravan (Post 3622101)
I'm on JBA High caster standard UCA's and I can tell you that for tire clearance they are worse than the factory arms because of the way they sweep out towards the joint to give you more pre-built caster.

I am on a 315 tire (35's) and my factory arm did not rub with my 17x9 -12et tire, soon as I installed the JBA's I noticed rubbing start at near full lock. I am on the Bilstein 5100/OME 3" suspension lift and 1" body lift.

With my setup, I estimate 1/2" spacer would have done the job, but since you can't run such a thin spacer without custom machining I just had 1" spacers delivered. Down the road I plan on getting a 9" wide wheel with something like a -20 to -30 offset to not have to run spacers.

With that said though, is this a new lift you just put on? New tires? a little more information would help. Do you have the body mounts chopped? It should be fairly easy to see what is rubbing.. just turn to full lock and get under the car and see what's going on.

I've had the lift on for a few months. No BMC. Currently running 265/70/17 but I ordered some new wheels -25 offset 17x9. It doesn't always happen at full lock but more when I am driving and go over speedbump or uneven terrain at full lock.

aemravan 04-04-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazzRoach (Post 3623973)
I've had the lift on for a few months. No BMC. Currently running 265/70/17 but I ordered some new wheels -25 offset 17x9. It doesn't always happen at full lock but more when I am driving and go over speedbump or uneven terrain at full lock.

If that's the case I'm not sure if it's the UCA you're rubbing ? Can you see scuff marks on it ? The distance from the uca relative to the tire doesn't change much with up/down travel, does it ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk