Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/for-sale-suspension-wheels-tires/)
-   -   Bilstein 5100/OME 3" lift kit, sprintbooster &JBA UCA 4th Gen 4runner (Charlotte, NC) (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/for-sale-suspension-wheels-tires/296227-bilstein-5100-ome-3-lift-kit-sprintbooster-jba-uca-4th-gen-4runner-charlotte-nc.html)

aemravan 03-30-2021 01:35 PM

Bilstein 5100/OME 3" lift kit, sprintbooster &JBA UCA 4th Gen 4runner (Charlotte, NC)

I am 2 clicks away from ordering the Icon Stage 7 kit for my 2003 4runner, but before I do I would REALLY try to recoup some cost on my just about new suspension setup.. Here is what I have:

-Bilstein 5100 shocks with OME 886 front, 896 rear (OME Heavy springs), bought for $896 shipped from yotamafia and installed at the end of August last year. The kit has 2 offroad trips and 7500 miles on it. $500 and would really prefer someone local to pickup as shipping would get pricey.

-EDIT** JBA no longer for sale, decided to keep them for now and upgrade UCA's later down the road when these serve their purpose.

-Sprint Booster- Bought late last year for $280 bucks, works perfect and I loved it for the street, but my car is being set up for more trail riding and I don't use it there. $200.

If any one has any questions please feel free to reach out. The lift kit and UCA are not ready to come off the car until the ICON suspension arrives, waiting on lead times now, but I figured it would be near end of next month.

Mr.Franko 03-30-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aemravan (Post 3622056)
-EDIT** JBA no longer for sale, decided to keep them for now and upgrade UCA's later down the road when these serve their purpose.

What do you consider an upgrade to the JBAs? Its my understanding that their considered pretty good UCAs

Lookitsranday 03-30-2021 11:34 PM

this is a good deal. how would you consider the ride? might you be interested in separating the front coils?

aemravan 03-31-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookitsranday (Post 3622291)
this is a good deal. how would you consider the ride? might you be interested in separating the front coils?

The ride for the money and amount of lift I got is good. I'm sure they aren't like factory OEM low mile comfort level, but it wasn't all that stiff of a ride.

at the moment I am looking to sell as a complete kit since I doubt I'll be able to sell the rears by themselves. Also currently waiting to hear whether or not the Icon rear is in stock... I may not be getting them as soon as I thought.

aemravan 03-31-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Franko (Post 3622197)
What do you consider an upgrade to the JBAs? Its my understanding that their considered pretty good UCAs

The JBA's are a pretty decent UCA, especially considering they are almost 300 bucks cheaper than the next best thing.. for the money, I don't expect them to last as long as some of the other, more pricey name brand options.

My plan was to go the Icon UCA route, but after speaking with a local guy that has been running them I'm glad I didnt go with them, they don't have your zerk fitting like you found find on other options to grease so you have to use a needle grease fitting which sounds like a pain. Biggest thing I've heard with the JBA UCA is that due to the boot design (which mine is already starting to show wear) the ball joint is prone to failure pretty quick. From what I gather its an off the shelf component that I can replace, but I would rather not have to do that if I could. I'll have to do more research on this issue obviously, but for the moment it looks like long term I may end up with something like the total chaos UCA or something similar if the JBA doesn't hold up. For the time being Im sticking with it until it goes out.

Tbw1614 04-04-2021 09:12 AM

Do you still have the Suspension. That is exactly what I am looking for. I am just south of Charlotte in Lake Wylie.

Tbw1614 04-13-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbw1614 (Post 3623835)
Do you still have the Suspension. That is exactly what I am looking for. I am just south of Charlotte in Lake Wylie.

Still interested. Any update from OP if it is still available. Thanks

aemravan 05-04-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbw1614 (Post 3627244)
Still interested. Any update from OP if it is still available. Thanks

Hey, sorry for missing this earlier, didn't get a notification for some reason...since you asked first I'll give you first dibs, but yes, they are still available. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to pull the suspension from the car since the rear ICON shocks were a little delayed, but I am being told my order should be at the warehouse in the next week or two.

So yes, still available, and would be off the car before end of may at the latest.

shoot me a private message or send me an email if interested and we can work out the details : [email protected]

thanks

Tbw1614 05-09-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aemravan (Post 3634156)
Hey, sorry for missing this earlier, didn't get a notification for some reason...since you asked first I'll give you first dibs, but yes, they are still available. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to pull the suspension from the car since the rear ICON shocks were a little delayed, but I am being told my order should be at the warehouse in the next week or two.

So yes, still available, and would be off the car before end of may at the latest.

shoot me a private message or send me an email if interested and we can work out the details : [email protected]

thanks

Email sent. Thanks

aemravan 05-10-2021 08:35 AM

Sprint Booster is Sold**

Bassturd 05-10-2021 02:52 PM

I have the total chaos UCA’s and you can only grease the bushings not the uniball. I clean them up then wipe them down and squirt a little triflow into it and let it sit overnight so it can work it’s way into the Teflon. Rebuilding them wasn’t bad either didn’t take long and the price wasn’t too bad for the kit. I’ve had them for 4 years roughly and I’m happy with them.

salty4R 06-10-2021 06:30 PM

What's the raise on the Bilstein 5100 shock + OME springs? Is it 2.75"?

newmexk5 06-15-2021 01:04 PM

Good day,

I know you would prefer local pickup, but if you are up for shipping I would be interested. (85296 zip code) I just picked up a new to me 4Runner and it looks like this specific setup is back ordered just about everywhere.

Thanks,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmexk5 06-17-2021 12:44 PM

Please email me at [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk