Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Bilstein lift do I need rear springs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/296275-bilstein-lift-do-i-need-rear-springs.html)

GREEZ82 03-31-2021 07:03 PM

Bilstein lift do I need rear springs

I ordered a 6112/5160 lift kit and just realized it does not come with rear springs. I am looking to lift the front 2.5". I am assuming I will need new springs to lift the rear? I would like to be close to level/slight rear to front rake.

Mr Rutherford 03-31-2021 08:30 PM

I bought these, had it installed last week with 2.5 front and it looks level. Bilstein B12 (Special) For 2010-2021 Toyota 4Runner 1.5" Rear Coil Springs

Teamoatmealpie 03-31-2021 08:30 PM

I don't have your lift and cant speak to the height. But I do have a set of rear coils from my Toytech Boss lift. I had these on for 3 months before upgraded to the HD version, to help with all the extra weight I added (RTT, Drawer system, winch etc).New these are $210 plus shipping, asking $100, plus shipping. If interested send me a PM.

Specs from Toytech Website below:
RCC2.0 - Toytec Superflex Rear Coils

These coils are custom made to our specs for a stock like ride and great flex and performance off road.

Provide approximately 2" of rear Lift
10% increase in load capacity/spring rate.
With 8 coil winds these rear coils will handle more load without sagging and still maintain a great ride.
Superflex coils will also flex better than any other coil on the market when paired with extended length shocks.
Sold as a pair

GREEZ82 03-31-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamoatmealpie (Post 3622670)
I don't have your lift and cant speak to the height. But I do have a set of rear coils from my Toytech Boss lift. I had these on for 3 months before upgraded to the HD version, to help with all the extra weight I added (RTT, Drawer system, winch etc).New these are $210 plus shipping, asking $100, plus shipping. If interested send me a PM.

Specs from Toytech Website below:
RCC2.0 - Toytec Superflex Rear Coils

These coils are custom made to our specs for a stock like ride and great flex and performance off road.

Provide approximately 2" of rear Lift
10% increase in load capacity/spring rate.
With 8 coil winds these rear coils will handle more load without sagging and still maintain a great ride.
Superflex coils will also flex better than any other coil on the market when paired with extended length shocks.
Sold as a pair

Pm sent

fkheath 03-31-2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEZ82 (Post 3622635)
I ordered a 6112/5160 lift kit and just realized it does not come with rear springs. I am looking to lift the front 2.5". I am assuming I will need new springs to lift the rear? I would like to be close to level/slight rear to front rake.

No, you don't need new springs. Just get spacers for the rear coils you already have.

RY11AN 04-01-2021 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this lift and used the OME 2889 Medium Rear Springs. I attached an old pic of it....

dschupp 04-01-2021 10:43 AM

I've been running that same suspension for a year now (21k miles) I installed the Icon 52700 rear springs to match the 2" lift in the rear. They made a HUGE difference supporting a heavier load in the back. Unloaded, the truck has a slight rake. Just for reference the only other mods I made to my suspension are JBA upper control arms and greaseable bushings for the front sway bar. I wouldn't worry about a diff drop but might consider the sway bar spacers. Zero problems so far

91foxbody 04-01-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RY11AN (Post 3622890)
I have this lift and used the OME 2889 Medium Rear Springs. I attached an old pic of it....

Sheer curiosity but what size tires are you using there? They look great.

RY11AN 04-08-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91foxbody (Post 3622966)
Sheer curiosity but what size tires are you using there? They look great.

Thanks! They are 285/70/17 with a 1.25 spacer.