Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   yes i searched, stock pro w/285s (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/296471-yes-i-searched-stock-pro-w-285s.html)

lewdog998 04-08-2021 08:35 AM

yes i searched, stock pro w/285s

Searched and could not find anything definitive, mostly people asking about pro wheels.

ANYWAYS,
Stock 20 Pro. waiting on Eibach lift springs (in development) and UCA replacement (when springs come) but i need tires.

looking at the duratacs in D load....one of the few tires that approves 7 inch wheel. Weight seems reasonable and load rating seems like good compromise.

Any pro owners out there that have placed 285s on their ride without lift or ucas. i am fine with fender and flap mods if required.

If you did fit 285s, what brand, spec and did you have to realign to make fit?

thanks

Brick Sprickly 04-08-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog998 (Post 3625363)
Searched and could not find anything definitive, mostly people asking about pro wheels.

ANYWAYS,
Stock 20 Pro. waiting on Eibach lift springs (in development) and UCA replacement (when springs come) but i need tires.

looking at the duratacs in D load....one of the few tires that approves 7 inch wheel. Weight seems reasonable and load rating seems like good compromise.

Any pro owners out there that have placed 285s on their ride without lift or ucas. i am fine with fender and flap mods if required.

If you did fit 285s, what brand, spec and did you have to realign to make fit?

thanks

Please use the search bar function and reference about 20,000 threads on the topic.

lewdog998 04-08-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick Sprickly (Post 3625369)
Please use the search bar function and reference about 20,000 threads on the topic.

Brick, I did search the bar...BUT all of the results were about pro WHEELS, and fitment issues as related to rim width etc. I did not find anything on specifically addressing my specific question (fitment to a stock Pro truck, not wheels) I appreciate your effort to keep the forum clean. If you know the answer, or can direct me to the specific thread that would be great.

ahtoxa11 04-08-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog998 (Post 3625371)
Brick, I did search the bar...BUT all of the results were about pro WHEELS, and fitment issues as related to rim width etc. I did not find anything on specifically addressing my specific question (fitment to a stock Pro truck, not wheels) I appreciate your effort to keep the forum clean. If you know the answer, or can direct me to the specific thread that would be great.

Just search for "285s no lift". This will answer all your questions for pro and non-pro alike.

omega3651 04-08-2021 09:34 AM

I run 285/70/17 on a stock TRD PRO with the stock Bilstein TRD PRO suspension.
The 285s are Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
I've been running the 285s now for a couple years without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sn_85 04-08-2021 09:37 AM

Pro should have a 1" front lift compared to other stock 4Runners. I think you can fit 285's as long as your willing to trim a bit of the front bumper and push the front fender liner forward.

Brick Sprickly 04-08-2021 10:14 AM

This should get you covered:

Going Bigger - 5th Gen Tire Fitment Guide

baldrik78 04-08-2021 10:22 AM

Lifting an Independent Suspension does not allow for bigger tires. The geometry of the suspension is unchanged - it will travel in the same arc and start/stop at the same points.

So yes, 285/70R17 will fit a stock TRD Pro, *but* you will have to modify the front fender liner and possibly modify/remove the front mudflaps. If you change wheels or add wheel spacers you may contact the Body Mount or the plastic cover behind the mupflap that hides the pinch weld or even the pinch weld itself.

lewdog998 04-08-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahtoxa11 (Post 3625373)
Just search for "285s no lift". This will answer all your questions for pro and non-pro alike.

Ahhh...makes sense....

Thank you all for your quick feedback.

Even you Brickly;):

lewdog998 04-19-2021 01:33 PM

They fit

1 Attachment(s)
Installed the 285 70 Duratracs, load D

Fit fine...minor rub that i fixed with heat gun, no trimming required.

ahtoxa11 04-19-2021 03:21 PM

Looks good. The duratracks in that size and load rating is probably the next tire that's gonna go on my truck after the KO2s wear out.

Surprised you have no rub, especially with the front flaps. Mine weren't even close to fitting with the flaps on. Same wheels as you.

lewdog998 04-19-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahtoxa11 (Post 3629176)
Looks good. The duratracks in that size and load rating is probably the next tire that's gonna go on my truck after the KO2s wear out.

Surprised you have no rub, especially with the front flaps. Mine weren't even close to fitting with the flaps on. Same wheels as you.

I have the newer fox shock upgrade the TSB where they replaced the coilovers with the 21 version. I did not take measurements before, but they definitely sit a little higher than the originals (maybe because they are new...maybe that is not even a factor). They are definitely close though.

Gouranga 04-19-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega3651 (Post 3625379)
I run 285/70/17 on a stock TRD PRO with the stock Bilstein TRD PRO suspension.
The 285s are Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
I've been running the 285s now for a couple years without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would this work for non pro but trd rims on a venture for example

Grape Ape 04-19-2021 08:57 PM

Yes, you can run 285/70/17 on stock TRDP wheels and stock suspension on a TRDP itself. I did for over a year with no issues.

You have to remember that the bumper is trimmed at port on the TRDP in addition to the suspension and not on the other models, so you will have issues with 285s on a non-TRDP.

ahtoxa11 04-20-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog998 (Post 3629220)
I have the newer fox shock upgrade the TSB where they replaced the coilovers with the 21 version. I did not take measurements before, but they definitely sit a little higher than the originals (maybe because they are new...maybe that is not even a factor). They are definitely close though.

Suspension lift height doesn't matter. I'm at 2.75" front with Kings. It doesn't matter because you're 'preloading' the suspension to sit higher. It still moves in the same arc through its travel. So if it's gonna rub, it's gonna rub anyway if you really stuff the tires.

But every truck is different slightly.