Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   RockAuto headlights (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/296628-rockauto-headlights.html)

mavrick1903 04-14-2021 12:12 PM

RockAuto headlights

Anyone tried the $80(ish) dollar headlight assemblies from Rock Auto?

Looking to NOT drop the $300/ea that the OEM seem to run.

Geerlijd 04-15-2021 06:45 AM

I did about 5 years ago. They are starting to get that faded look again, but have been fine.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

ASUMTNEER 04-15-2021 02:15 PM

I've never ordered headlights from RockAuto, but have ordered tons of other parts. If you don't like them, they're very easy to work with on returns. I imagine they will be perfectly fine and look quite similar to OEM.

Roody 04-16-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrick1903 (Post 3627489)
Anyone tried the $80(ish) dollar headlight assemblies from Rock Auto?

Looking to NOT drop the $300/ea that the OEM seem to run.

I just bought and installed the TYC made, CAPA certified headlight assemblies on my '05 4R. Excellent quality and easy, direct install. For the price I can't recommend them enough.

newton22 04-16-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roody (Post 3628104)
I just bought and installed the TYC made, CAPA certified headlight assemblies on my '05 4R. Excellent quality and easy, direct install. For the price I can't recommend them enough.

Can you report back on weather sealing quality after maybe a few weeks?

307_SurfBum 04-16-2021 09:14 PM

I did and I'm pretty happy so far!! only issue I have is I cant seem to get them to adjust into the sweet spot yet. I also went with some amber LED bulbs for the winter months.

Roody 04-19-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newton22 (Post 3628306)
Can you report back on weather sealing quality after maybe a few weeks?

No issues so far. Swapped them on 3/22. The truck lives outside and is subjected to all of the CT elements. No leaks whatsoever.

V8Man 04-20-2021 12:59 PM

Bought 2 pairs from Rock Auto so far. One with bulbs, one without. Had to return one light out of four because it leaked. No problems on the return or the replacement lights so far. They aren’t' forever parts in my opinion. Just like miles and driving styles on brake pads, you will be polishing or replacing in a few years.