Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Power outlet - cargo area (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/296636-power-outlet-cargo-area.html)

Röde Orm 04-14-2021 04:42 PM

Power outlet - cargo area

1 Attachment(s)
Hello

Have anyone replaced this part before?. Picked this truck up. And it has a broken power outlet.

Thanks for any input.

Tieyota 04-14-2021 05:27 PM

Are you looking for the part number? If so, the outlet should be 85530-35050-C0

Röde Orm 04-14-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tieyota (Post 3627599)
Are you looking for the part number? If so, the outlet should be 85530-35050-C0

Thanks for that. Well now with the part number I could find a pic. And it looks like it’s just a couple of pesky tabs.

Trying to figure out how to get the old one out without breaking anything. ��

Thanks again.

numbay 04-15-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Röde Orm (Post 3627666)
Thanks for that. Well now with the part number I could find a pic. And it looks like it’s just a couple of pesky tabs.

Trying to figure out how to get the old one out without breaking anything. ��

Thanks again.

TOYOTA 4RUNNER POWER VOLTAGE INVERTER OEM 2010 - 2019 W/ Panel And Plugs | eBay

look at pictures there in that post

Rack 04-15-2021 02:35 PM

You should remove the tray on top, there is a tab on the bottom of the receptacle, pull up on this and the whole assembly comes out.
Go to my album pages and click on the one that has adding the constant hot plug to the storage area. I have a pictorial of how to remove the tray and gain access to the plug. Removing the tray is the hard part.

ttime4four 04-15-2021 06:53 PM

If I recall, you can pry our the bottom edge and remove the plug assy by itself. Remove and reconnect the two connectors to the new plug assy and re-insert.

Röde Orm 04-16-2021 10:10 PM

Removal

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the help!

I found out through the eBay picture. There is what it looks like 6 pesky tabs on this.

Or just 2 on the socket assembly itself.

Shouldn’t be able to break to much. ��

Röde Orm 04-23-2021 01:08 PM

Solved

3 Attachment(s)
Well the stealership finally got the part in. So I took the old one out and installed the new socket.

Came out easy and yes no problems at all.

Thanks for all the help.

rageandlove 04-23-2021 01:46 PM

Nice work @Röde Orm

Did you end up taking out the top tray as well, or did you manage to do this by just taking out the plastic insert that holds the plug?

And how hard was it to take out the plastic insert that holds the plug? That may actually be a better way to run wiring through that area if it's fairly straightforward (which the top tray is not).

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Röde Orm (Post 3630551)
Well the stealership finally got the part in. So I took the old one out and installed the new socket.

Came out easy and yes no problems at all.

Thanks for all the help.

Röde Orm 04-25-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageandlove (Post 3630564)
Nice work @Röde Orm

Did you end up taking out the top tray as well, or did you manage to do this by just taking out the plastic insert that holds the plug?

And how hard was it to take out the plastic insert that holds the plug? That may actually be a better way to run wiring through that area if it's fairly straightforward (which the top tray is not).

Thanks!

Hello

I just removed the whole tray. It came out with ease. Now that plug has 2 tabs on either side. And as I was removing the old one. One of the tabs broke off. They are really hard plastic. And kind of brittle.

Easiest is to remove the whole tray.

sn_85 04-25-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageandlove (Post 3630564)
Nice work @Röde Orm

Thanks!

It's pretty easy to take out the electrical panel. Just a few tabs on both sides using a trim tool. After you take it off you can slip your hand into the opening and use a stubby philips head to undo the two screws on the top tray and simply pop it off. I did this to run wires under the wheel well area. FWIW I put the tray back on but did not screw it back in if I ever needed to access it again. It doesn't rattle or make any noises unscrewed.

Now the driver side top tray that's an entirely different question. I think if you wanted to remove the top tray without breaking tabs you have to remove that entire side cargo panel. If I ever have to remove that entire panel I'll be sure to remove those two screws holding the top tray.