Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   New Members (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/)
-   -   New guy here! New to 4Runners but grew up working on cars (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/296718-new-guy-here-new-4runners-but-grew-up-working-cars.html)

ennjay 04-17-2021 09:22 PM

New guy here! New to 4Runners but grew up working on cars

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,

Pleasure to be here! I've been trolling on here for a while, even before I purchased my 3rd gen back in Jan 2021. Since then, I've become so involved and attached to my 1997 Limited 4WD.

It's in great condition with roughly 232K on the odometer. I've been working on it pretty much every week. So far, i've installed a 3" lift using Eibach and Toytec springs/shocks. 33" tires, 17" rims, 1" body lift for additional clearance.

I do have some maintenance work to do, such as replacing the Tbelt,water pump and all that good stuff. I'll also freshen it up with a oem tune up.

Last owner said the LBJ were replaced but I'll have to check for play sometime. Anyway, I have lots in store and have been jumping on this forum pretty much daily.

I hope to contribute to the wealth of knowledge with my past experiences working on cars but off roading is a new area for me. I can't wait to get on the trails!

Attached a picture of my 3rd gen. Hope to talk to you all in the near future.

dec2020 04-18-2021 12:38 AM

can't want to receive your insight. I only know how to drive and never do any mechanic stuff. So i hope to learn more

thennen 04-18-2021 08:25 AM

Welcome, and congratulations on the new rig. Looks nice! I couldn't help thinking, though, that a lot of the regular maintenance stuff might now be a tiny bit more difficult with that lift - lol!

You'll find a lot of good off-roading tips on here from experienced guys. Enjoy the ride!

MickyC 04-18-2021 11:25 AM

Greetings!

ennjay 04-19-2021 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thennen (Post 3628818)
Welcome, and congratulations on the new rig. Looks nice! I couldn't help thinking, though, that a lot of the regular maintenance stuff might now be a tiny bit more difficult with that lift - lol!

You'll find a lot of good off-roading tips on here from experienced guys. Enjoy the ride!

Yea, looks like i'll be using a step stool more often now when working under the hood. haha.

Although, fluid changes and under carriage inspections are a breeze. I can do without a jack and just use my creeper.

EJosephs 04-24-2021 11:33 PM

I drive a 1998. Excellent vehicle. I haven't done any modifications to it, even stock it's taken me over mountains and some very hairy roads, with that lift you'll have to try in order to get it stuck!

Hopefully we'll hear more from you in the future, I'm sure I could pick up a few things.

pancakesfan 04-30-2021 08:44 AM

woah those rims look sick! Good luck with your ride going forward.

Kook4r 05-02-2021 06:45 AM

Tools tidy!

schwing 05-04-2021 07:14 PM

Nice rig! Lot's to learn on this forum. Enjoy!

FlyingBeerCan 05-05-2021 01:59 PM

I love the look of your 3rd gen. Keep it up

EagleEyem 05-06-2021 03:42 PM

Looks fun!! Keep it going!

Pure4Runner 05-22-2021 03:10 PM

Welcome to the club!! Feel free to check us out if you need any modifications and DM us if you have any questions.

vkmotorsports 07-28-2021 09:24 PM

wicked looking wheels !!!

Capt Sensible 07-28-2021 10:12 PM

Your 3rd gen looks awesome!