Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What brand tires should I get? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/296862-what-brand-tires-should-i-get.html)

Biogenic 04-24-2021 02:26 AM

What brand tires should I get?

My 97 4 cylinder 4Runner needs new tires
235/75/15 it’s what I have now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cl4Rk 04-24-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biogenic (Post 3630749)
My 97 4 cylinder 4Runner needs new tires
235/75/15 it’s what I have now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you asking about tire size, highway vs all terrain vs mud, tire brand, all of the above?

Is it your daily driver? Do you drive a lot? Do you go 4 wheeling? What kind of wheeling? What kind of weather does your region experience? Do you have a lift?

I think opinions on size, style, and brand will depend a lot on your answers to questions like these.

Biogenic 04-24-2021 03:08 PM

Sorry I should’ve been more specific. Daily driver, mainly city and and highway driving with occasional off-road when we go camping. Should I go with Michelin or Goodrich ?

My rig is stock 4Runner, 2wd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FD7683 04-24-2021 04:09 PM

I would say Michelin but i'm not 100% sure if it's the best option for the 4Runner.

Brian. 04-24-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biogenic (Post 3630884)
Sorry I should’ve been more specific. Daily driver, mainly city and and highway driving with occasional off-road when we go camping. Should I go with Michelin or Goodrich ?

Continental Terrain Contact H/T All-Season is the top rated SUV tire on tirerack (and probably what I'll put on mine). I'm more concerned with on-road manors since that's Easily 90%+ of my driving. They'll do just fine if you're doing campground or forest service roads for dispersed camping, actually they're probably overkill.

Baughb 04-24-2021 04:22 PM

Liking my Falkens AT

245 75r 16 99 Limited. Barely lifted (5100's on "hi")

Behaves on the pavement, good traction in the dirt and mud, less $ than KO2's, pretty quiet.

B

cl4Rk 04-24-2021 05:10 PM

The previous owner of my 2000 SR-5 4WD had put on 265/75/r16 General Grabber Hts60. It’s a highway terrain all-season tire. They’ve been decent on road in all weather except ice. But nothing will be great on ice.. I’ve been running them with no lift / stock height / original suspension. I think for your use case, I can recommend this tire as an option.

Ripper238 04-24-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

I love my Goodyear Duratracs. But you would probably be fine with any decent brand tire unless your off road camping is difficult for your 2wd.

gamefreakgc 04-24-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Michelin makes the longest lasting and most dependable tires for our 4Runners. I know many people personally that love them in rain and light snow.

jgue467 04-24-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamefreakgc (Post 3630943)
Michelin makes the longest lasting and most dependable tires for our 4Runners. I know many people personally that love them in rain and light snow.

Yes they do.

May I suggest the shoes my runner has now: Michelin LTX A/T2 Tires | Michelin

Above all they are Quite on the road.

They look sharp, not like a sedan Highway tire but a 4Runner tire, meant to have Some off-road abilities while looking the part.

Check out the side snipes, those really, really bite into sand, mud, rock, grass and gravel. And during our most recent snow/ice storm, they behaved beautifully, especially as they passed by several jeeps that had slid off the road, this runner kept on purring.

Not the cheapest tire but not the priciest either.

Luck deciding.

spartacus 04-25-2021 03:01 AM

Michelin are probably the best at a primium price. I've been running Yokohama geolander for a while, only bought them cause they we're like 125 bucks a tire compared to 200 for michelin s and they have been great on snow and quiet on road.

Devbot 04-25-2021 07:54 AM

Linglongs :lol:

rglsr 04-25-2021 10:10 AM

I've got a set of Michelin Defender LTX 235/75R15s on my 3RZ 4Runner.
Great on road/light off road tires, I paid around $150 each, well worth a little extra $$$.