Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Alpha Foxtrot roof rack. (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/296863-alpha-foxtrot-roof-rack.html)

Blue109 04-24-2021 08:07 AM

Alpha Foxtrot roof rack.

2 Attachment(s)
These guys are local to me and the price on their rack is killer so I gave it a shot. Wait time was about 2 weeks. They do free shipping but I just went and picked it up. Assembly was easy. Everything lined up perfect. Pretty light. I installed it myself with a little help to guide it onto the roof. Install was cake and everything lined up no issue. Feels rock solid and I can shake the truck with no flex in the rails. Climbed on top and feels solid. Haven't had it on the highway yet but no bad wind noise driving around in town. Uses carriage bolts to attach anything you want. They sell side panels and deck panels as well. Pretty happy so far.

Blue109 04-24-2021 08:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Alpha Foxtrot

biratley 04-24-2021 10:31 AM

I got mine when he first started selling great product and price
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...73a8d3bf30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T4R_Canuck 04-24-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue109 (Post 3630767)
Alpha Foxtrot

I like that the crossbars look like they sit flush with the side rails, good design. Looks like a nice rack overall.

Any idea how you could mount stuff to the side of the side rails if needed? A lot of other racks have holes drilled in the side for mounting locations, this one looks like it has large oval slots.

Blue109 04-24-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R_Canuck (Post 3630808)
I like that the crossbars look like they sit flush with the side rails, good design. Looks like a nice rack overall.

Any idea how you could mount stuff to the side of the side rails if needed? A lot of other racks have holes drilled in the side for mounting locations, this one looks like it has large oval slots.

The side rails just have the open slots, but the top of the rails still have provisions for standard carriage bolts down the entire length, so it wouldn't be to hard to make a 90* bracket if you needed something hanging off the side. It's a pretty utilitarian design.

4X4T4R 05-13-2021 01:16 PM

Does the front deflector touch the paint at all? If so are you running a clear strip for protection?

Dzldust 05-13-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlots (Post 3637050)
Does the front deflector touch the paint at all? If so are you running a clear strip for protection?

Wouldn’t mind knowing this as well,looks nice !

DallasTRDPro 05-14-2021 10:28 AM

I just installed his molle panels and shelf. Very happy with the results and great customer service.

biratley 05-14-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlots (Post 3637050)

He provided a rubber strip with the rack to fill the gap between the wind deflector and roof
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0207cc0c7d.jpg

4X4T4R 05-14-2021 03:08 PM

Eventually you'll end up with a rusty groove in the paint. On my old tacoma I had the rubber boot on the shell. I didn't take long to sand right though.

biratley 05-14-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlots (Post 3637391)
Eventually you'll end up with a rusty groove in the paint. On my old tacoma I had the rubber boot on the shell. I didn't take long to sand right though.

You can easily not add the boot and it will sit 1/4” or so above the roof

Gonecamping 05-14-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

3m clear vinyl under the seal... that’s what I did on my rack.

Blue109 05-14-2021 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The front feet are adjustable so you could probably crank it up enough to keep the rubber off the roof or just remove it. The rubber is touching the roof on mine right now but I plan on getting some clear tape for it and keeping an eye on it.
Ran to the hardware store today to get some carriage bolts and found these handles. Going to make some mounts for stuff!!!

biratley 05-14-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue109 (Post 3637484)
The front feet are adjustable so you could probably crank it up enough to keep the rubber off the roof or just remove it. The rubber is touching the roof on mine right now but I plan on getting some clear tape for it and keeping an eye on it.

Ran to the hardware store today to get some carriage bolts and found these handles. Going to make some mounts for stuff!!!

Those will work awesome thats how i mount my boards and a cable gun lock threw the handles and under one crossbar
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d2b64a30ad.jpg

Blue109 05-15-2021 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Freaked me out a little here so I pulled the rubber until I get some vinyl or 3M under there. No mark so far. If it doesn't make noise like this I'll just leave it off. Will report back