Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   SRS Airbag light (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/296940-srs-airbag-light.html)

PharmSCRunner 04-27-2021 11:43 AM

SRS Airbag light

Hey guys, my 06 sport with ~174k miles has the SRS airbag light that comes on intermittently. It's usually on, but will occasionally go off, but then will come back.

I bought the Blue Driver OBDII reader that supposedly could read SRS codes but no luck with that device. Can anyone recommend a scan tool that can read the SRS codes?

I've checked the plugs underneath the seats and all are connected. What's a common cause of the SRS light? Steering wheel clockspring? Any help please thanks!

Bossman 04-29-2021 09:53 AM

Airbag light on (driver side)

Stuck SRS Airbag Light

UPDATE FIXED* Clock spring replaced problem solved! - Airbag light stuck on

Buckaroo 04-29-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmSCRunner (Post 3631754)
Hey guys, my 06 sport with ~174k miles has the SRS airbag light that comes on intermittently. It's usually on, but will occasionally go off, but then will come back.

I bought the Blue Driver OBDII reader that supposedly could read SRS codes but no luck with that device. Can anyone recommend a scan tool that can read the SRS codes?

I've checked the plugs underneath the seats and all are connected. What's a common cause of the SRS light? Steering wheel clockspring? Any help please thanks!

Bluedriver website says it should read SRS for your vehicle. You need to make sure you are in enhanced mode and you might have to manually enter your VIN or scan the bar coded VIN on the driver side front door frame to make that happen. You want to run the full system scan....

PharmSCRunner 05-11-2021 02:27 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out it was my clock spring that needed to be replaced. I used a generic OBDII scanner from Amazon for about $15. I used the Fusion OBDII scan app and purchased the 2006 4runner add-on for $10. I was able to read the SRS codes that way. Sure beats having to buy an expensive scanner.

Bought the clock spring on ebay and swapped it in under an hour, using the tutorial linked here. Thanks again