Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Death of a forum member (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/296950-death-forum-member.html)

metallitera 04-27-2021 08:09 PM

Death of a forum member

It is with regret and sadness that I inform you all that a member has died.

Renegade_Medic died Friday April 23, 2021 in a Houston area hospital after a 5-month battle with COVID. Renegade_Medic, aka Roger, was 31 years old.

Roger is survived by his wife, 8-month old daughter, parents, grandparents, and numerous other family members.

Roger and I were firefighters together and he got me into 4Runners. We both sold ours, but he still had his Tacoma which he enjoyed modifying dearly. I still miss my T4R, but I had to depart with it.

Anyhow, I know neither of us had been active on here in a while, but I noticed someone posted a visitor message on his profile on March 1, so I thought I should pass the sad news on.

*EDIT*
Roger's obit

"Throughout Roger’s life he strived to help others, in his memory the family would like donations in lieu of flowers and plants. The donations will be allocated to different Fire and EMS education/training agencies. Please send monetary donations to the Seguin Fire Administration Office at: 660 State Hwy 46 Seguin, TX 78155. Specify the donation is for the Roger Dean Memorial Fund. Checks made out to Seguin Citizens Fire Academy Alumni Association (SCFAAA)." - I was visiting with our front office lady earlier this week and we have been receiving donations from all over the country. It is really heart warming, it would bring a smile to Roger's face.

Roger remembered...non sibi sed omnibus

tx_shooter 04-27-2021 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear this. Will raise a shot in his honor.

AuSeeker 04-27-2021 08:49 PM

So sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

Gamma Ray 04-27-2021 08:53 PM

My condolences for such a brave dude :(

fx3s 04-27-2021 09:08 PM

Sad to hear. Covid is ruthless.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

spartacus 04-27-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallitera (Post 3631904)

Renegade_Medic died Friday April 23, 2021 in a Houston area hospital after a 5-month battle with COVID. Renegade_Medic, aka Roger, was 31 years old.

Roger is survived by his wife, 8-month old daughter, parents, grandparents, and numerous other family members.

Roger and I were firefighters together and he got me into 4Runners. We both sold ours, but he still had his Tacoma which he enjoyed modifying dearly. I still miss my T4R, but I had to depart with it.

Anyhow, I know neither of us had been active on here in a while, but I noticed someone posted a visitor message on his profile on March 1, so I thought I should pass the sad news on.

I am really sorry and sad. Roger built an amazing 4runner, he was one of the first ones to pain't it sand color with truckliner. His writeups with pics were detailed and helpful. He was a good guy who helped folks when he was on the forum.
May the Lord give strength to his wife and loved ones for a devastating loss.
My sincere condolences May he rest in peace.

RichieGo 04-27-2021 11:10 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Condolences to his entire family and friend group.

thennen 04-28-2021 05:07 AM

Thank you for posting this. I never knew or interacted with Renegade_Medic, but it's sad to know nonetheless. His case must have been an unusual one, as people don't typically succumb to covid at such a young age. My heart and condolences go out to his family.

JPGood 04-28-2021 06:12 AM

Prayer out to Rogers family.

rdruss 04-28-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3631912)
So sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

And he will, until " And the last enemy death is to be brought to nothing"(1Cor 15:26) How will the last enemy death be brought to nothing? " For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive." (1Cor 15:22)
By what means? "After he said these things, he added: Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him."(John 11:11)

JoeT4R 04-29-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

From one first responder to another, my heart goes out to him and his family. I know his service to the community which he served has not/will not go unnoticed, and I hope that his family is able to find solace during this difficult time. Does the family have a gofundme or anything set up to help with memorial costs or anything that the T4R community should be aware of?

thennen 04-29-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeT4R (Post 3632358)
From one first responder to another, my heart goes out to him and his family. I know his service to the community which he served has not/will not go unnoticed, and I hope that his family is able to find solace during this difficult time. Does the family have a gofundme or anything set up to help with memorial costs or anything that the T4R community should be aware of?

Spartacus posted this on another thread:

Seguin firefighter dies after long battle with COVID | Community Alert | herald-zeitung.com

spartacus 04-29-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeT4R (Post 3632358)

There is a gofundme. link in the following article.

Seguin firefighter dies after long battle with COVID | Community Alert | herald-zeitung.com

momo.75 05-01-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

I am very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for him, his family and his friends.

I have also cleaned up this thread as it is more for condolences than bickering. Any more comments other than that will result in some time off from the site. Only warning!

RichinRidgewood 05-01-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo.75 (Post 3633223)
I am very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for him, his family and his friends.

I have also cleaned up this thread as it is more for condolences than bickering. Any more comments other than that will result in some time off from the site. Only warning!

This is sad and I’ve asked my wife to pray for ‘Medic and his family.