Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Battery 4.0 V6 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/297715-battery-4-0-v6.html)

SurferUK 05-27-2021 04:34 PM

Battery 4.0 V6

Hello guys

I have been told by the importer that I should expect my truck to have a flat battery when it arrives.

The "Choose your vehicle" selectors over here of course don't have it as an option.

It looks like we use different battery terminology/codes over here.

Would any of you mind sending me the measurements of the casing and between the terminals of your battery so I can order a new one ready?

Or, if you are familiar with our codes please let me know what I should buy.

Thank you :surfer:

FordF150 05-28-2021 06:46 AM

Batteries don't last over 4 years in a hot climate. Just watch them and get a new one at a battery and tire shop.:banana:

wsgoat 05-28-2021 08:02 AM

Try and get a Panasonic battery if you can....the Panasonics are OEM on the 4Runner and one of the better batteries available imo. I have never had an issue with my battery going flat, even after prolonged storage (6-months), so you might be pleasantly surprised when you take delivery.

SurferUK 05-28-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsgoat (Post 3641576)
Try and get a Panasonic battery if you can....the Panasonics are OEM on the 4Runner and one of the better batteries available imo. I have never had an issue with my battery going flat, even after prolonged storage (6-months), so you might be pleasantly surprised when you take delivery.

Could you tell me what type of battery yours has please? (Assuming you have a 4.0 V6!)

These were never officially imported here so I will see if the FJ Cruiser battery is a good enough replacement (Same engine)

81runner 05-29-2021 11:29 PM

Factory size for 4.0 is 24F. Wondering if you can find it under "Hilux surf", pretty sure that's what it's called in Europe

Harlock 05-30-2021 02:23 AM

You don't state where you are or what vehicle you're importing. But I'm assuming you're in the UK and are importing a 4th gen 4Runner. If this is the case, you'll either have a BCI standard Group 35 or Group 24 battery. Group 35 batteries are approximately 230 mm L x 175 mm W x 225 mm H. Group 24 batteries are about 25 mm narrower in width. In Europe, a Group 35 is often known as a Q85. Hope this helps.

SurferUK 05-30-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 81runner (Post 3642021)
Factory size for 4.0 is 24F. Wondering if you can find it under "Hilux surf", pretty sure that's what it's called in Europe

Thanks mate, yes we call it the Hilux Surf here, but we never the 4th gen here, or petrol/gas engines. All that's available without private import (As I am doing) are ropey old late 90's diesels.

SurferUK 05-30-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlock (Post 3642049)
You don't state where you are or what vehicle you're importing. But I'm assuming you're in the UK and are importing a 4th gen 4Runner. If this is the case, you'll either have a BCI standard Group 35 or Group 24 battery. Group 35 batteries are approximately 230 mm L x 175 mm W x 225 mm H. Group 24 batteries are about 25 mm narrower in width. In Europe, a Group 35 is often known as a Q85. Hope this helps.

That's perfect mate thank you:hatsoff: It is a 4.0 V6

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...ml#post3626343