Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   TRD 5th gen springs on 4th gen 4runner (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/297783-trd-5th-gen-springs-4th-gen-4runner.html)

Drcoffee 05-30-2021 08:14 PM

TRD 5th gen springs on 4th gen 4runner

1 Attachment(s)
I have just installed the Bilstein 4600 shocks on my 07 T4r Sport. Now I found a set of TRD 5th gen springs for a good price. Would these work with my setup and how stiff would it make my ride?

Syr4RinNC 05-30-2021 10:08 PM

Someone with more knowledges than me can chime in, but I have the standard 5th gen 4r coils on mine (sr5 and trd off road ).

The 5th gen gave me about an inch and I thinks it’s roughly 50 pounds or so stiffer than stock 4th gen. I believe the trd pro should you give you another inch above that, but I believe it’s rated the same stiffness/ weight

The 4600 i believe aren’t for lifted applications so you may be stretching it a bit and not getting full suspension travel out of it

ads2539 05-30-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syr4RinNC (Post 3642242)
Someone with more knowledges than me can chime in, but I have the standard 5th gen 4r coils on mine (sr5 and trd off road ).

The 5th gen gave me about an inch and I thinks it’s roughly 50 pounds or so stiffer than stock 4th gen. I believe the trd pro should you give you another inch above that, but I believe it’s rated the same stiffness/ weight

The 4600 i believe aren’t for lifted applications so you may be stretching it a bit and not getting full suspension travel out of it

Yes, the 4600 is for stock height and weight.

Dirk84 11-06-2022 01:48 PM

Did you ever go through with the 5th gen spring install? Would love to know how it went and pics if you got them?!

Berty_K 11-06-2022 04:55 PM

If those are TRD pro springs, they won’t work.

Shock diameter is 2.65 (bilstein 6112) or 2.5 (fox) the TRDs vs 1.95 for the 4600

Bleu62 11-06-2022 09:56 PM

I have a trd pro suspension on my 2009. It’s the earlier trd pro suspension w the bilsteins. I’ve had it for 4 years, doing trails all over Alaska and drove it through the alcan and Cassier hwy to the east coast and in east tn through some logging roads. First time I’m hearing it doesn’t fit. The only real fabrication I had to do was to the mounting surface of the lower shocks. Anyway, I went from the Urban Runner XREAS to the TRD PRO and got about 2.5 extra and the drive was just as good afterwards. There are some good write ups on that swap. Most of the 4th gen is the same as the 5th suspension and driveline speaking.