Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   New 3/4 Roof Rack (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/297856-new-3-4-roof-rack.html)

4runnerchibcha 06-02-2021 02:13 PM

New 3/4 Roof Rack

Toyota 4runner Gen 5 - 3/4 Adventure Roof Rack-67100001

On paper it has advantages over other popular 3/4 racks.

- It is 8 inches wider than the LFD rack (48 vs 40)
- it has a wind fairing that doesnt stick out, unlike Prinsu, which allows for cargo boxes to be mounted
- the crossbars are flush with rails, unlike Victory 4x4
- the price shipped is much cheaper than frontrunner.

I also kinda like the minimal design, which will look better on my limited than some of these more off-road focused styles.

Any thoughts? Any experience with this brand? Nothing comes up when I look them up on this forum.

DannyLlama 06-02-2021 02:20 PM

I dont have this rack, I do however have the partial front runner rack and it's plenty for me, still allows for me to use my sun room and didn't have to drill.

Things to consider:
  1. Drill or no drill
  2. Mounting options (you may be out of luck for mounting specific items)
  3. Build quality (the others you mentioned are solid brands)
  4. Cost (you get what you pay for

Best of luck!

JLofa 06-02-2021 03:28 PM

Saw this on YouTube too but nowhere else
Interested if anyone else has experience with it also

abbatoys 06-02-2021 04:03 PM

Interested also as I am looking to replace my factory set up with a better system to accommodate a basket or kayaks.

4runnerchibcha 06-02-2021 04:44 PM

Unfortunately they appear to be an unreliable brand. I have called multiple times without success and sent several unanswered emails. The few reviews online paint a similar story, with people having a hard time reaching them. This company seems to be located in California and they seem to be having a hard time operating during the pandemic. Hopefully they get their act together.

Dzldust 06-03-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4runnerchibcha (Post 3643169)
Unfortunately they appear to be an unreliable brand. I have called multiple times without success and sent several unanswered emails. The few reviews online paint a similar story, with people having a hard time reaching them. This company seems to be located in California and they seem to be having a hard time operating during the pandemic. Hopefully they get their act together.

In this market communication is key to build trust to even get launched and get your name out there,customer service can make or break a company,yes,they better get their act together if they want to sell some racks .

utctscanr75 06-03-2021 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love my Victory 4X4 3/4 rack (standard length).

Sgranelli11 06-03-2021 02:03 PM

Most of the alum. racks with the flat sides are seemingly identical.