Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Lift advice - Ironman stage 2 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/298272-lift-advice-ironman-stage-2-a.html)

Bruski 06-21-2021 12:17 AM

Lift advice - Ironman stage 2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys - been a while since I’ve posted. I’m looking to lift my 2016 trail - nothing crazy. I would like to go off-road a few times a year and I love the look. I’m thinking of going Ironman stage 2 kit (with UCA) for $1600 - any thoughts?

My original plan was Bilstein 5100, old man emu springs and some UCA but Bilsteins are back ordered and I would like to get this done this summer.

Anyone have experience with Ironman or should I wait for Bilsteins? My plan is 2.5 front and 2 in back if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

MAST4R 06-21-2021 12:43 AM

"off-road a few times a year"

Honestly that's too generic to tell. Judging from the wording and the picture, looks like a solid overlanding setup is what you are after. Maybe throw Dobinsons into the mix, they have a variety of shocks from twin tubes to monotubes to monotubes with resi and adjusters. Given your desired height, Eibach is out; you cannot really run their rear shock with a 2" lift and expect good results; it is a short shock.

Btw, I am not sure 5100s will play well with stiff OME springs. They are designed to work with soft stock springs.

Dinosaur Overland 06-21-2021 06:47 AM

We have the stage 3 Ironman on our 2019 and really like it. I have been using Ironman suspensions 15 years and have no complaints

Bruski 06-21-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinosaur Overland (Post 3648866)
We have the stage 3 Ironman on our 2019 and really like it. I have been using Ironman suspensions 15 years and have no complaints

What’s stage 3? How high of a lift did you go and what are your tire size? I’m pretty new to this stuff.

mo_mo 06-21-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruski (Post 3648847)
Hi guys - been a while since I’ve posted. I’m looking to lift my 2016 trail - nothing crazy. I would like to go off-road a few times a year and I love the look. I’m thinking of going Ironman stage 2 kit (with UCA) for $1600 - any thoughts?

My original plan was Bilstein 5100, old man emu springs and some UCA but Bilsteins are back ordered and I would like to get this done this summer.

Anyone have experience with Ironman or should I wait for Bilsteins? My plan is 2.5 front and 2 in back if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

They have KDSS and non-KDSS versions, and nitrogen or foam cell pro versions. I have the KDSS foam cell pro with new UCA kit. Been very happy with it. I think the latest kits they sell with a new panhard bar and KDSS spacers to optimize KDSS/alignment. You can buy them separate if you end up needing them to make alignment.

RedRunner_87 06-21-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruski (Post 3648847)

Thanks in advance!

Ironman Foam Cell Pro

Check out this thread I started. I have had mine for over a year and have been off-road a lot. Just ran into an issue the other day with a blown driver side front shock. I emailed Ironman yesterday and they immediately covered it under warranty and are shipping it out. I love the ride quality and so far have no complaints on it. I am a bit disappointed in the shock blowing, hoping it is oddity.

Dinosaur Overland 07-16-2021 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruski (Post 3648909)
What’s stage 3? How high of a lift did you go and what are your tire size? I’m pretty new to this stuff.

Foam Cell Pro Suspension Kit Suited for Toyota 4Runner 2010+/Lexus GX460 - Stage 3

I ended up about 3 inches if I remember correctly. I put 275/70/17 K02's on it.

rvilches2021 07-29-2021 09:34 PM

Hi I'm new with the forum but had several toyotas in the past.

I just installed stage 2 ironman foam cell in my 4R off road 2021. Very happy with it. Got about 3 inches. I also got dick cepek 285 70 17 which will be installed nxt week. Need to get rid of those OEM dunlops => they really suck on wet conditions (FL)

I'll be posting pics soon!

Ironman4x4America 11-11-2021 02:47 PM

Let us know if you have any questions. We're now a Forum Sponsor at T4R and will be contributing to the community as well as sharing product release information, event invitations, and sales promotions.

:cheers: