Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Nor Cal (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/nor-cal/)
-   -   PPF Install in Sacramento Area (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/nor-cal/298354-ppf-install-sacramento-area.html)

djschmitt 06-23-2021 08:36 PM

PPF Install in Sacramento Area

Does anyone have recommendations for a shop to perform PPF install in the Sacramento area? My wife and I will be getting a new TRD Off Road at the end of July and want to get it protected as early as possible.

icyhotahs 06-23-2021 09:16 PM

subbd

johnnygraphic 06-23-2021 10:11 PM

Make 1000% sure they will guarantee their work and you see up close samples of their work. Talk to as many people as you can. We have been going back and forth with ours for the last two+ mos over small issues. IMHO the shop should never have allowed the work to go out the door like that in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djschmitt 06-25-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnygraphic (Post 3649773)
Make 1000% sure they will guarantee their work and you see up close samples of their work. Talk to as many people as you can. We have been going back and forth with ours for the last two+ mos over small issues. IMHO the shop should never have allowed the work to go out the door like that in the first place.

Man, that sucks. I've been getting quotes and that's what I'm worried about because it's a good chunk of change and I'm not entirely sure what to look for when picking up. I know the FILMs have warranties so I'll have to ask each shop as well.

What are the issues you're experiencing? Bubbling? Seams releasing?

johnnygraphic 06-26-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djschmitt (Post 3650075)
Man, that sucks. I've been getting quotes and that's what I'm worried about because it's a good chunk of change and I'm not entirely sure what to look for when picking up. I know the FILMs have warranties so I'll have to ask each shop as well.

What are the issues you're experiencing? Bubbling? Seams releasing?

Yup. Bubbles on the mirror bumps among other places. Edges aren’t done well and lifting. The film on our black 4Runner gets milky after about 10 days. This happens only on the plastic parts.

Not entirely happy with it. When you examine examples of their work, look very closely at edges and curves around the bumpers. Bring a strong flashlight. If you know someone who had it done, look at their car very closely.

Bottom line is it ain’t cheap.