Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Shrockworks Front Bumper/Suspension Combo (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/298728-shrockworks-front-bumper-suspension-combo.html)

TN4Runnin 07-08-2021 08:50 PM

Shrockworks Front Bumper/Suspension Combo

Greetings fellow 4R enthusiasts

I was fortunate enough to pick up a 2004 4R SR5 V8 4WD with 112k miles for $8500 a few months back, in great shape. I’ve done some minor stuff to it myself, but am now at the point where I finally want to get a Shrockworks front bumper (no winch for now), new wheels/tires, and a suspension lift.

I am a novice when it comes to trucks; this is really my first dive into doing something like this. I want to get into off-roading more aggressively and def want the thing to just look cool in general.

What I was looking for from the 4R Prodigies out there is shopping advice/installation advice:

1. Suspension lift selection - with the net of plus ~110 lbs on the front due to bumper, what do you recommend for a lift kit? I found the below on YotaMafia; seems like it makes sense for the front heavy setup but I am all ears for suggestions. Going for 2 - 2.5” ideally; just suspension lift, no body

4th Gen 4Runner Dobinsons Lift Kit (2003-2009) - YotaMafia

2. Any recommendations on order of installations?
Ie, lift/tires first then bumper, vice versa, or all them shits at once. I’m having a custom shop by me handle all this

Any other advice generally speaking is welcome. Thanks in advance!

MDobb79 07-09-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TN4Runnin (Post 3654083)
Greetings fellow 4R enthusiasts

I was fortunate enough to pick up a 2004 4R SR5 V8 4WD with 112k miles for $8500 a few months back, in great shape. I’ve done some minor stuff to it myself, but am now at the point where I finally want to get a Shrockworks front bumper (no winch for now), new wheels/tires, and a suspension lift.

I am a novice when it comes to trucks; this is really my first dive into doing something like this. I want to get into off-roading more aggressively and def want the thing to just look cool in general.

What I was looking for from the 4R Prodigies out there is shopping advice/installation advice:

1. Suspension lift selection - with the net of plus ~110 lbs on the front due to bumper, what do you recommend for a lift kit? I found the below on YotaMafia; seems like it makes sense for the front heavy setup but I am all ears for suggestions. Going for 2 - 2.5” ideally; just suspension lift, no body

4th Gen 4Runner Dobinsons Lift Kit (2003-2009) - YotaMafia

2. Any recommendations on order of installations?
Ie, lift/tires first then bumper, vice versa, or all them shits at once. I’m having a custom shop by me handle all this

Any other advice generally speaking is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Check out this thread. @Crikeymike is pretty responsive and is one of the Dobinsons US distributors.

Dobinsons Suspension - 4th Gen Options

TN4Runnin 07-09-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDobb79 (Post 3654213)
Check out this thread. @Crikeymike is pretty responsive and is one of the Dobinsons US distributors.

Awesome, thank you

MDobb79 07-09-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TN4Runnin (Post 3654243)
Awesome, thank you

Out of curiosity, why the Shrockworks bumper?

TN4Runnin 07-09-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDobb79 (Post 3654213)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDobb79 (Post 3654246)
Out of curiosity, why the Shrockworks bumper?

After much deliberation, the main reason is that it includes a front skid plate

BackOff 07-10-2021 03:18 PM

650lbs front coils for mostly normal onroad use.
700lbs. Front coils if you like to push speeds offroad.

The shocks effect ride too.

Shrockworks are just frikn sweet too.
...right i am biased, makes me smile every time i look at my t4r.

Ditch that front swaybar if you want a better front independent feel.
IMO real nice with the 700lbs front coils and no front sway bar.
Firm onroad, kicks ass offroad.

Elka is nice too.