Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Nor Cal (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/nor-cal/)
-   -   Trusted Toyota Mechanics in Bay Area? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/nor-cal/298842-trusted-toyota-mechanics-bay-area.html)

seatownhokie 07-13-2021 06:10 PM

Trusted Toyota Mechanics in Bay Area?

Hey guys, does anyone have a rec for a trusted Toyota mechanic in the area who has access to a lift? I recently moved here and want someone I can go to for all my maintenance/install needs. I do a lot of DIY so I need some one who is cool with me being around -- so after hours in the shop type thing.

Thanks in advance!

kasra 07-17-2021 11:10 PM

No shop will let you work in the shop because of liability and their insurance policy. I know a guy in Vallejo who is a good solid mechanic and will let you work along side him but doesn't have a lift and works on his driveway. @NestahEdition on IG

Quote:

Originally Posted by seatownhokie (Post 3655479)
Hey guys, does anyone have a rec for a trusted Toyota mechanic in the area who has access to a lift? I recently moved here and want someone I can go to for all my maintenance/install needs. I do a lot of DIY so I need some one who is cool with me being around -- so after hours in the shop type thing.

Thanks in advance!

formulate 07-19-2021 03:13 AM

I haven't used them, but maybe something like this would work for what you're looking for?
DIY Auto Repair and Customization Shop - DIY Auto Repair

seatownhokie 07-27-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasra (Post 3656609)
No shop will let you work in the shop because of liability and their insurance policy. I know a guy in Vallejo who is a good solid mechanic and will let you work along side him but doesn't have a lift and works on his driveway. @NestahEdition on IG

Good call - I will def go hit him up - thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by formulate (Post 3656937)
I haven't used them, but maybe something like this would work for what you're looking for?
DIY Auto Repair and Customization Shop - DIY Auto Repair

This is a good idea! Thanks for the tip - I will report back if it works out