Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Cooper Evolution MT (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/299164-cooper-evolution-mt.html)

aye_dre 07-27-2021 08:49 AM

Cooper Evolution MT

I'm am looking to purchase a new set of 285/70/17 tires within the next month. Americas Tires has the Cooper Evolution MT for a decent price ($199 per tire). Based on my research these are a new tire released two years ago. I wasn't able to find any long term reviews on these specific tires. Does any have any long term feedback on these? Thanks!

ahtoxa11 07-27-2021 09:41 AM

Also curious here. I'm gonna have to get new tires next year and I've been starting to do my research. Want to get away from my KO2s and do a more aggressive tire.

rhadam 07-27-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aye_dre (Post 3659062)
I'm am looking to purchase a new set of 285/70/17 tires within the next month. Americas Tires has the Cooper Evolution MT for a decent price ($199 per tire). Based on my research these are a new tire released two years ago. I wasn't able to find any long term reviews on these specific tires. Does any have any long term feedback on these? Thanks!

Not a bad price for a 285. What's the Load rating?

TexasZeke 07-27-2021 01:11 PM

I have had them on my 4R for about 8 months and they ride great and are not too noisy. About the same noise level as the Ridge Grapplers I replaced.

I took it to an ORV park a few weeks back and they did very well aired down to 15psi on rocks and hill climbs. I try to stay out of the mud, but out at my place in the country we had a good bit of rain this year and they did great there too, but that's kind of their intended purpose.

sn_85 07-27-2021 07:37 PM

One mans opinion here

Cooper Evolution M/T (Mud Terrain) Tires - First Look & Initial Impressions
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Vs. Cooper Evolution M/T - Full Review

aye_dre 07-27-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhadam (Post 3659123)
Not a bad price for a 285. What's the Load rating?

Load range is E

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasZeke (Post 3659151)
I have had them on my 4R for about 8 months and they ride great and are not too noisy. About the same noise level as the Ridge Grapplers I replaced.

I took it to an ORV park a few weeks back and they did very well aired down to 15psi on rocks and hill climbs. I try to stay out of the mud, but out at my place in the country we had a good bit of rain this year and they did great there too, but that's kind of their intended purpose.

Good to hear the positive review. In the 8 months you've had them how many miles have they been through?

Love Trail4r, and read both articles before posting. Although, those articles are initials impressions of the Cooper Evolutions and not long term reviews. He only put 5000 miles on them.

TexasZeke 07-28-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Good to hear the positive review. In the 8 months you've had them how many miles have they been through?
About 10k, they are ready for their second rotation. They are wearing really well for me so far.