Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   6th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/299284-best-speculation-2023-6th-generation-i-have-seen.html)

peter78 07-31-2021 06:13 PM

Best speculation of a 2023 6th generation I have seen

I saw this on YouTube. I think he may be right about the new 4Runner having a turbo. The new Tundra looks like it is going with a turbo. Personally, I think 2023 may be the right guess for a new version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xV9Fw4RAqA

TexasFunRunner 07-31-2021 09:12 PM

Great video, thank you for posting.

So the guy in the video claims the 6th gen is still releasing in 2022 as a MY23, that's great news.

However, what about the recent posts on this forum from several members saying it has been delayed until either a MY24 or MY25, who has the better track record to believe?

crkranz 08-01-2021 11:37 AM

That first rendering looks great. Sign me up for a plug in hybrid.

MAST4R 08-01-2021 12:39 PM

The second rendering looked awkward but that front would be better offroad.

I like the guy but when he said the 4R would have to step up to LC on the offroad side of things, he showed he does not really understand offroading at all. Just a fun detail.

Spyda814 08-01-2021 05:20 PM

Can’t wait for his video on 5 reasons to wait for the next gen 4runner. Should be interesting!

Anthony88 08-01-2021 07:53 PM

His YouTube channel has been pretty spot on regarding the next gen tundra.

Also the arguement that the 6th gen 4runner is delayed because the Prado is delayed, doesn’t make the most sense to me. Since all of the new trucks are based on the TNGA-F platform, Toyota doesn’t need to design the prado first.

My speculation is that we will see a turbo motor as the only option for a year or two, and see a hybrid come in MY24 or MY25.

Keirik 08-02-2021 01:52 AM

I’ve followed a lot of his videos. It’s true that they have been pretty close with the Tundra but mostly from renderings of the vehicle lines from spy shots. He’s just taking an educated guess here based on next gen Tundra and LC and extrapolating it across the 4runner. It makes sense.

Having said that, part of the reason I bought a 21 TRDP in Lunar is because I think it’ll have one of the highest resale values as a sought after color. Then whenever next gen releases I can reserve and make a determination on whether or not to upgrade for minimal cost hopefully or cancel. Going to be interesting for sure.

Itchynuts 08-02-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 3660778)
I’ve followed a lot of his videos. It’s true that they have been pretty close with the Tundra but mostly from renderings of the vehicle lines from spy shots. He’s just taking an educated guess here based on next gen Tundra and LC and extrapolating it across the 4runner. It makes sense.

Having said that, part of the reason I bought a 21 TRDP in Lunar is because I think it’ll have one of the highest resale values as a sought after color. Then whenever next gen releases I can reserve and make a determination on whether or not to upgrade for minimal cost hopefully or cancel. Going to be interesting for sure.

According to him and trd John, lunar rock will be available on almost all trim levels for 2022

AggieOE 08-03-2021 08:46 AM

I wouldn't be in opposition to either rendering. I'm really just curious about the motor options. That'll be what makes us sell ours and buy another.
Hyrbid sounds like such a good option, especially coming from Toyota with their record but I'm curious about the lifespan of one though.

mscot 08-03-2021 04:45 PM

I see lots of ancient Prius and highlander hybrids here. I think you'll easily get 200k.

Keirik 08-04-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itchynuts (Post 3661011)
According to him and trd John, lunar rock will be available on almost all trim levels for 2022

Yeah but Toyota does that every year. Makes the prior year TRD special color available at lower trims the following year, yet not available on the TRD pro. There is so,e confusion whether they will go against that trend for 22.

crkranz 08-11-2021 10:05 AM

UPDATED 2023 TOYOTA 4RUNNER RENDERINGS BY ENGINEER - Now Both Front & Rear Images Completed! - YouTube

He updated his renderings a bit to now include rear end

HiluxSurf SSR-G 08-13-2021 09:44 AM

That's because the 4Runner and the prado share the same platform.

The TNGA-F is a global design that applies to the LC, Tundra/Sequoia, & 4Runner/Prado, among others

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony88 (Post 3660702)

Also the arguement that the 6th gen 4runner is delayed because the Prado is delayed, doesn’t make the most sense to me. Since all of the new trucks are based on the TNGA-F platform, Toyota doesn’t need to design the prado first.

GhostTrain 08-15-2021 09:02 PM

Hopefully a turbo four banger is not the sole powertrain option.

I do some towing and that’d be a dealbreaker for me. These big vehicles with turbo fours (all brands) will not have a long life. Too much engine strain long term IMO.

BorotHex 08-15-2021 09:12 PM

Back looks like an old Armada and the front looks like the new Frontier.