Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   5'10" sleeping in the back of a 5th gen? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/299334-510-sleeping-back-5th-gen.html)

Ida4runner 08-02-2021 10:13 PM

5'10" sleeping in the back of a 5th gen?

I'm 5'10" and was wondering if you can sleep in the back of a 5th gen?
Thanks for any info.

ttime4four 08-02-2021 10:31 PM

Helps to have the platform flat (build a leveling platform in the rear / factory sliding cargo tray)

Can go diagonal to fit 5'10" without any modifications.

If you took out the rear seat bottoms (easy), you get a lot more north-south room. May need to fill the void.

Lots of other platform options out there if you want to add something more dedicated.

I built this for my brother's 4th Gen...
DIY SUV Bed Platform (5th Gen 4Runner & Others) - YouTube

choochoo 08-02-2021 10:37 PM

Same opinion as above. I'm 5'8" and needed to build a platform with extension to fit north-south with neck support (feet nearly touching hatch). You'll fit diagonally, but that's no fun.

Ida4runner 08-02-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttime4four (Post 3661041)
Helps to have the platform flat (build a leveling platform in the rear / factory sliding cargo tray)

Can go diagonal to fit 5'10" without any modifications.

If you took out the rear seat bottoms (easy), you get a lot more north-south room. May need to fill the void.

Lots of other platform options out there if you want to add something more dedicated.

I built this for my brother's 4th Gen...
DIY SUV Bed Platform (5th Gen 4Runner & Others) - YouTube

Thanks for the response, taking the bottom seat out is what I'm doing in my 4th gen, wasn't sure what a 5th gen was like.

rageandlove 08-03-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ida4runner (Post 3661049)
Thanks for the response, taking the bottom seat out is what I'm doing in my 4th gen, wasn't sure what a 5th gen was like.

I'm 5'11" and I built a platform that makes sleeping very comfortable. I don't take out the seats.

Sleeping Platform - v1.0, v2.0, and now v3.0 - w Plan

Besides giving a nice flat surface it has tie-down points and an impromptu table.

downshift 08-03-2021 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use a foam sleeping pad like this one to level the rear. Take one of these and fold it in half so you double the thickness. It fits perfectly behind the bulge created by the rear seats. Take another full length pad and lay it on top of the folded pad and over the rear seats. I also remove the rear seat bottoms for more length. Plus you can store stuff where the seat bottoms would be were they still there.

BearBio 08-03-2021 12:04 PM

Bought an Air-Bedz. SUPPOSED to arrive today by UPS (You KNOW how that goes!). Let you know!

wesinatl 08-05-2021 11:40 AM

My son is 6 feet and he fits.

4RNEWBIE 08-05-2021 02:07 PM

I sleep in mine. I use a cheap Intex air matress. 5'11"