Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   6th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Buy used 2021 or wait to order 2022 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/299377-buy-used-2021-wait-order-2022-a.html)

mforce 08-05-2021 09:56 AM

Buy used 2021 or wait to order 2022

We are wanting a Army Green and can't find one. The dealers are trying to talk me out of waiting to order or even not to order a 2022. Is it possible to order a 4 Runner and get the Army Green we want?

5thToy 08-05-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mforce (Post 3661673)
We are wanting a Army Green and can't find one. The dealers are trying to talk me out of waiting to order or even not to order a 2022. Is it possible to order a 4 Runner and get the Army Green we want?

My understanding is you are not really ordering a 4Runner but rather reserving one from dealer allocation. You might have to shop around to more dealers who have what you are looking for or have it coming to them. Inventory is very low right now as has been discussed in great detail. Both 2021 and 2022 are 5th Gens.

Keirik 08-05-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mforce (Post 3661673)

I believe there is an army green at Fred Anderson Toyota in Raleigh NC so you might want to check with them. I just spoke with a salesman Carlos from there yesterday and he mentioned it.

fukushima 08-05-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thToy (Post 3661683)
My understanding is you are not really ordering a 4Runner but rather reserving one from dealer allocation. You might have to shop around to more dealers who have what you are looking for or have it coming to them. Inventory is very low right now as has been discussed in great detail. Both 2021 and 2022 are 5th Gens.

Pretty much this. I placed a 1K deposit at a dealer for a 2022 Trd Pro. Once they get the allocation of what they have coming in, they will notify me/provide me with a VIN#.

NRath 08-06-2021 11:51 AM

The army green is only available in the Trail Edition. So, if you're wanting a Pro, your only choice is used 2020. I looked at an AG Trail Edition and it was honestly just a little too stripped down for me to jump on it. The color was right and it had a cool Toyota cooler, but otherwise it was bare bones. The electric 4wd shifter sent me walking.

Baystate4Runner 08-07-2021 03:52 PM

This forum has a 5th Gen section that might be better suited to discuss 2021/2022 5th Gen models.

tyler2019 08-14-2021 03:09 PM

I saw a youtube vid yesterday claiming 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road comes in Army Green and Lunar.

90country 08-15-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thToy (Post 3661683)

Absolutely correct on "reserving one from dealer allocation". Two different regional dealers had inbound models and the one I preferred was headed to other dealer. My local dealer called and since it was not already "promised" to a customer for them, they horse traded and it was diverted to me.
Dealer told me inventory is "better" than a few months ago but still only around 30% of normal ready for sale inventory. I pulled the trigger to get a '21 due to me not crazy about the "infotech" junk that continues to invade autos and wasn't waiting to see more piled on the longer I held out.

delta528 08-29-2021 10:10 PM

I'm in Colorado Springs and put a 1K reservation deposit on an incoming 2022 Sport Edition. I've had Tacomas but this is my first 4Runner. Hope this all works out. The dealer told me that the vehicle was hitting the port shortly. I like the current 4Runner body style. The renderings for 2023 redesigns don't appeal to me at all.

Anonymous4Runner 08-31-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta528 (Post 3668661)
I'm in Colorado Springs and put a 1K reservation deposit on an incoming 2022 Sport Edition. I've had Tacomas but this is my first 4Runner. Hope this all works out. The dealer told me that the vehicle was hitting the port shortly. I like the current 4Runner body style. The renderings for 2023 redesigns don't appeal to me at all.

Agreed. Especially with Limited wheels and a hood scoop configuration...WTF is that LOL

BorotHex 08-31-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta528 (Post 3668661)

I hope you’re not basing a vehicle purchase on the miscellaneous ramblings of people trying to make money off of speculation.

johnsoma73 09-15-2021 11:39 AM

Easy, I just did this after I heard BSM is in the 2022. Just go to a nice dealership and have them search the 2022 allocation map for the model and color you want at a dealership that hasn’t been reserved by a customer yet. Then have the salesman print the vehicle info with vin. Then call that other dealer who has been allocated that truck and offer to buy it, ask what has to be done to lock it up for you. Some just need name, some need a deposit, some need a purchase agreement signed(which is what I had to do). I ended up finding mine 1000 miles away in Salt Lake City, so I have to fly there to get it.
Also, this dealer initially said they add a market adjustment markup of $5k, I asked nicely if they can waive it, he countered at $2500, I stood firm and again asked nicely if they will waive bc other dealers would, and they ultimately waived it and sold it at MSRP.
For army green you can get it in The Pro(I think) or the New Trail model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackwatch 09-15-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler2019 (Post 3664221)
I saw a youtube vid yesterday claiming 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road comes in Army Green and Lunar.

In Canada the trail edition is only available in army green. In the US the trail gets lunar rock. Lunar rock is available in the off-road, sport and limited models.

Mark4runnar 09-15-2021 10:27 PM

The 2022 4 runner brochure is available on line........it answers a lot of questions about available colors etc.

https://www.toyota.com/content/dam/t..._ebrochure.pdf

I talked to the local dealer - RI based - and they are suggesting that its 90 to 120 days to get one delivered, from date you order. As others point out the are pulling from available allocations that are in transit......the dealers don't really order one, they pull one from allocation lists of actual 4runners in transit.

bergeron37 09-16-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark4runnar (Post 3673027)
The 2022 4 runner brochure is available on line........it answers a lot of questions about available colors etc.

https://www.toyota.com/content/dam/t..._ebrochure.pdf

I talked to the local dealer - RI based - and they are suggesting that its 90 to 120 days to get one delivered, from date you order. As others point out the are pulling from available allocations that are in transit......the dealers don't really order one, they pull one from allocation lists of actual 4runners in transit.

I just reserved a Lunar Rock TRD ORP from a Southeastern MA dealer - Bristol Toyota - and they told me the same. 90-120 days