Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Rancho rear shocks (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/299484-rancho-rear-shocks.html)

gaber6 08-09-2021 11:18 AM

Rancho rear shocks

I am slightly upgrading over stock feel, and will try out the variable adjusting Rancho shocks this week.

I just sold my condo and will live out of the 4rrunner once I get it ready to go.

Any experience with these? Apparently, I bent a basic shock while overloaded with tile. It gets stuck in one spot often. I have the daystar lift in and that probably didn't help the overload situation.

And yes, I will consider helper bags in the springs next time I plan to overload the car.. Or I'll just rent a trailer.

gaber6 08-12-2021 03:07 PM

Old shocks came off today. Quck 30 minute job. They had very little compression strength, roughly 50lbs, but expanded slow.
Was supposed to have the new ones today but got a delivery ypdate for tomorrow

gaber6 08-13-2021 06:25 PM

Would have been done yesterday if the shocks actually showed up.

Got a FedEx delay message for today saying 'business closed or customer not home' but three people were here today and you can't miss a truck in the driveway, now another day added to wait.

MacRendar 08-13-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaber6 (Post 3664044)
Would have been done yesterday if the shocks actually showed up.

Got a FedEx delay message for today saying 'business closed or customer not home' but three people were here today and you can't miss a truck in the driveway, now another day added to wait.

That sucks man, sorry to hear it.

gaber6 08-15-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRendar (Post 3664093)
That sucks man, sorry to hear it.

Thanks, got them in.
Had to do one side 2x, because I forgot to put the rubber boot on before install. Could have done it three if I saw the new bushings in the box for that side, but just kept them on.

Weird though, I don't know how many turns I'm supposed to give the shaft to unlock the factory setting.

They'd expand a little then, I'd turn it more then they'd expand more, then I'd turn it. Weird.