Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   New Members (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/)
-   -   New Member, Incoming TRD Pro! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/299721-new-member-incoming-trd-pro.html)

Buba1 08-18-2021 09:16 PM

New Member, Incoming TRD Pro!

Hey everyone, here's my first real post on this forum. Really enjoy reading and seeing some awesome builds on here, which made me place an order back in June for a '21 TRD Pro and now the delivery date given is mid September, so can't wait for that. Question though, on the bill of sale, I was able to get it at MSRP, but once it lands here, is there a way the dealer can markup the price? I'm kind of worried about that because I have heard that they are able to do that, which may turn me off depending on the price hike..

Mark4runnar 08-18-2021 10:20 PM

congrats --- hope its is delivered soon.
I have never heard of a dealer adjusting a price once you have placed a deposit and have a committed delivery date ----which should include the VIN#

Buba1 08-18-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark4runnar (Post 3665504)
congrats --- hope its is delivered soon.
I have never heard of a dealer adjusting a price once you have placed a deposit and have a committed delivery date ----which should include the VIN#

Well the Bill of sale that was created in June does not have a VIN, since it wasn't even built yet, so perhaps now if once they add the VIN, maybe then they can change the price up? That's what I'm afraid of...but either way, I'm super excited for it!

BorotHex 08-18-2021 10:31 PM

I’d be asking for your out the door price. Most would have never agreed on anything without that.

Mark4runnar 08-18-2021 10:42 PM

I would be excited too.......great rig, very hard to find one in the states. I have never heard of a dealer changing the price once you have agreed to it. One thing that happens in certain regions is that "the regional area" adds "cheese" at the port of delivery.....I was looking in Fla this winter and the dealer told me all cars that were delivered had things added----driver side and passenger side front door window tint $400, LED interior lights for $200, some type of paint sealer $500, Wheel locks....... a package that included 3 oil changes (one every 10k miles) and 6 tire rotations (every 5k miles) $600 --ridiculous.
I told them that I did not want those added and they claimed all cars were delivered to the dealer with those add on's.
I left the dealer and decided to not by one in FLA. I will just get one in New England.

Hope that helps............you can't get a pro in New England..the ones that do show up have a $5000 mkt adjustment added at the dealer.

But I see no way they can just slap a mkt adjustment on a car that you have agreed to the price and left a deposit for. My $.02

cball411 08-19-2021 09:46 AM

I am kinda in the same boat. I reserved a Trail in May and he gave me a price. I didn't have a vin at the time since it wasn't built till end of July. I hope he doesn't mark it up since I have patiently been waiting. I have emails thoa.

ash_schwin 08-19-2021 02:11 PM

I can imagine the anticipation and patience waiting for your new truck....hope the dealership doesn't pull off any last minute shady stuff.

Crashmo 08-19-2021 03:25 PM

Msrp

My Off Road Premium should be here about the same time. But now you're scaring me. The dealer and I agreed on a price before I put earnest money down. The thought of them making a bait and switch when it arrives never occurred to me.
I did not pay MSRP-so to speak. We agreed that I would finance through them and buy at least $1500 worth of extras. I did that knowing I would eventually put stuff on the rig anyhow, and dealers don't make their money on new car sales.
If I remember, I'll keep you in the loop if there are any nefarious dealings.

Buba1 08-20-2021 08:29 AM

Thanks for the comments guys, I will keep you all updated and hopefully it goes smoothly til I bring her home!!

v8nomo 08-21-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark4runnar (Post 3665513)
<snip>
Hope that helps............you can't get a pro in New England..the ones that do show up have a $5000 mkt adjustment added at the dealer.

But I see no way they can just slap a mkt adjustment on a car that you have agreed to the price and left a deposit for. My $.02

I was not after a Pro but looked at one that happened to be getting prepped for deliver when I was on lot in Nothern VA back in the April/May ('21) time frame... They were putting $10k on top of MSRP and had a waiting list! Unbelievable. 4runners are great... and all that (on my second now) Sorry to sound negative but I just don't get it. REALLY wanted a v8 to replace out old '04/v8 so we looked at the GX.. but that hideous spindle grill (ugh)!

cball411 08-23-2021 10:40 AM

Yeah there is a dealership near the beach that keeps hassling me to buy from them but not for the markup they are wanting.

onspithr 08-26-2021 11:30 AM

Welcome to the forum!

jgb21_98 08-27-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorotHex (Post 3665510)
I’d be asking for your out the door price. Most would have never agreed on anything without that.

Agreed

jgb21_98 08-27-2021 11:18 AM

I'm expecting my TRD Off Road Prem next week, so excited!

eparsox 08-28-2021 10:44 PM

Welcome !