Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Trd brake pads are amazing (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/299818-trd-brake-pads-amazing.html)

Mudballz 08-22-2021 10:06 PM

Trd brake pads are amazing

My brakes have worn down in only 14k so I had a set of TRD pads installed damn they have BIG grip on thinner rotors omg rivaling my Porsche in brake feel :zoom:
I know I know I should get more then 30k but I’m stuck in NYC traffic most of the time
Mike

Mor Funr 08-22-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudballz (Post 3666531)
I’m stuck in NYC traffic most of the time
Mike

Couldn't pay me to do that.

Too Stroked 08-23-2021 06:42 AM

Based on personal experience with TRD high performance pads, yes, they do stop amazingly well. Unfortunately, they also dust like crazy and last less than half as long as the OEM pads. Enjoy them while they last and find a good wheel cleaner.

Mudballz 08-23-2021 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I figured but my rims are black so not a problem :zoom:

rayofsi 08-23-2021 01:57 PM

they are great until your front calipers seize due to the road salt.. mine failed at like 5k, but i was getting ready to do a bbk, so i never warrantied mine.

Charles Bronson 08-23-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Stroked (Post 3666601)
Based on personal experience with TRD high performance pads, yes, they do stop amazingly well. Unfortunately, they also dust like crazy and last less than half as long as the OEM pads. Enjoy them while they last and find a good wheel cleaner.

Dust = better braking performance. Low dust = low wear = resistance to bite and brake. Just like performance tires. You can't have it both ways.

I'll have to look into these pads because I find the initial bite on my wife's 2020 ORP to be weak even after bedding them a few times.

Predatorsniper2005 08-30-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudballz (Post 3666689)
Yeah I figured but my rims are black so not a problem :zoom:

:lmao:

Cheers! 08-30-2021 07:46 PM

Is it true that TRD pads are re-boxed Hawk LTS pads?

SirWilliamGoes 08-30-2021 11:34 PM

Ive had great luck from stock usually around 30-40k I recently replaced with Oreilly and i dont think Ive gotten 20k

zzdocxx 08-31-2021 06:04 PM

Hey are these stock on the TRD Off Road ?

Just wondering, I have the TRD OR 2017.

My 4Runner brakes are OK but the most impressive I have had were on my BMW 740i.

My previous vehicle was an '03 PreRunner. I seem to recall a conversation with someone about someone about people who were replacing the rotors with Tundra rotors. The stock seemed to warp pretty easily presumably due to heat. (?)

BorotHex 08-31-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzdocxx (Post 3669156)
Hey are these stock on the TRD Off Road ?

Just wondering, I have the TRD OR 2017.

My 4Runner brakes are OK but the most impressive I have had were on my BMW 740i.

My previous vehicle was an '03 PreRunner. I seem to recall a conversation with someone about someone about people who were replacing the rotors with Tundra rotors. The stock seemed to warp pretty easily presumably due to heat. (?)

Haha, don’t think brake pads are going to make you stop like you are in a BMW. The pads will feel like they grab better, while having a slight softer surface feel through the pedal that most probably don’t notice, but I do when I switch to ceramic. Regular pads will feel hard and require more effort.

Too Stroked 08-31-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzdocxx (Post 3669156)
Hey are these stock on the TRD Off Road

No, they are not.

Mudballz 08-31-2021 09:30 PM

Definitely not a stock issue pad bought mine on the great 40th anniversary sale I think I paid 120 for the 4

Mvm 09-04-2021 07:05 PM

Do they fit stock Off Road calipers?

BorotHex 09-04-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mvm (Post 3670258)
Do they fit stock Off Road calipers?

Everything TRD fits all models that I know of.

You can’t add a rear locker, which ATRAC makes a rather moot point.

You have to remember that our highest model Pro is basically slapped on after leaving the factory. $2600 for a Pro suspension and good tires makes a Pro for the most part. KDSS can’t be added without a lot of work. That’s about it.

Maybe a super T4R whiz kid can prove me wrong, but most everything goes on any 4Runner.