Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Valet switch - broken or just missing a part? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/299946-valet-switch-broken-just-missing-part.html)

Deej101 08-27-2021 06:14 PM

Valet switch - broken or just missing a part?

2 Attachment(s)
Found and ID'd this thing on a panel, but it seems to be missing whatever internal part makes it function.

Likely aftermarket, but not yet sure of model.

Anybody recognize it, and what it *should* look like?

Also, no obvious way to remove it what would you try, assuming you didn't want to break it?

TIA

Pyral 08-27-2021 09:05 PM

Which panel is it on?

If its aftermarket it could be any number of things. Do you know where the wires go?

T4topher 08-27-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deej101 (Post 3668116)
Found and ID'd this thing on a panel, but it seems to be missing whatever internal part makes it function.

Likely aftermarket, but not yet sure of model.

Anybody recognize it, and what it *should* look like?

Also, no obvious way to remove it what would you try, assuming you didn't want to break it?

TIA

100% it’s aftermarket. Looks like the wires just pull off the back of it and then if you push it from the back of the panel it should pop out. No clue what it is though.. Only bad thing if you remove it is there will be a hole there, that said I would still remove it lol.

Deej101 08-28-2021 03:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyral (Post 3668158)
Which panel is it on?

If its aftermarket it could be any number of things. Do you know where the wires go?

It's on the left (driver) side below the dash. I'm certain it is a valet switch for the aftermarket alarm, but don't know which piec is missing to engage it.

Deej101 08-28-2021 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4topher (Post 3668172)
100% it’s aftermarket. Looks like the wires just pull off the back of it and then if you push it from the back of the panel it should pop out. No clue what it is though.. Only bad thing if you remove it is there will be a hole there, that said I would still remove it lol.

Yeah the hole would suck, but I don't think it will come off so easily. I'd actually rather have a functional valet switch, if I can get it to function.

alumarine 08-28-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deej101 (Post 3668213)
Yeah the hole would suck, but I don't think it will come off so easily. I'd actually rather have a functional valet switch, if I can get it to function.

Replace it with another switch.
Google the model number on the module and find out the wiring.