Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   New Members (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/)
-   -   Waiting for a 6th Gen 2023? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/300269-waiting-6th-gen-2023-a.html)

Predatorsniper2005 09-11-2021 08:45 PM

Waiting for a 6th Gen 2023?

So I made a post earlier about ordering a 2022 model. The problem was, due to the chip shortage I cannot order a 2022 model forcing me to be patient. Nobody knows at the current time when Toyota will open up orders again, so that got me to research the sixth generation that’s supposed to come out in 2023. I love technology, and the romance of having an off-road capable family ready SUV like the 4Runner. I trust the quality of Toyota, I understand the current drivetrain is proven and bulletproof and awesome. However, the power and gas mileage is terrible which, for me, is acceptable, but it doesn’t have to be with the available technology and knowledge we have today in building these future SUV’s. Knowing that the new Tundra platform is all re-designed with multiple drivetrain options, including Hybrid, I’m thinking about waiting for the sixth GEN to come out next July to give me an idea of what might be available. What are your thoughts community?

-Mike

Blackwatch 09-12-2021 06:29 PM

Sounds like the 6th gen 4Runner will be delayed. Most likely a 2024 MY with a release of October 2023.

4RunLvr 09-13-2021 12:23 AM

Can 2021's be ordered without a delay? Or do we have to settle from current inventories if they don't have exactly what we want?

Thank you.

4RunLvr

Blackwatch 09-13-2021 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RunLvr (Post 3672133)
Can 2021's be ordered without a delay? Or do we have to settle from current inventories if they don't have exactly what we want?

Thank you.

4RunLvr

2022s are arriving at dealers now so I'd say the last 21s were made in June.

miley 09-13-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predatorsniper2005 (Post 3671875)
So I made a post earlier about ordering a 2022 model. The problem was, due to the chip shortage I cannot order a 2022 model forcing me to be patient. Nobody knows at the current time when Toyota will open up orders again, so that got me to research the sixth generation that’s supposed to come out in 2023. I love technology, and the romance of having an off-road capable family ready SUV like the 4Runner. I trust the quality of Toyota, I understand the current drivetrain is proven and bulletproof and awesome. However, the power and gas mileage is terrible which, for me, is acceptable, but it doesn’t have to be with the available technology and knowledge we have today in building these future SUV’s. Knowing that the new Tundra platform is all re-designed with multiple drivetrain options, including Hybrid, I’m thinking about waiting for the sixth GEN to come out next July to give me an idea of what might be available. What are your thoughts community?

-Mike

are you expecting a change in the technology to come with the next generation? i am uneducated about the exact changes but just a thought: most bugs and issues exist in the first year or two of major changes with vehicles. just my .2c!

Ripper238 09-13-2021 11:34 AM

The 4Runner is definitely not the best choice when it comes to technology, Toyota in general isn't ether.

What they are great at is reliability and refinement. I love my 19 4R, mainly because it doesn't have the "technology" and is such a solid enjoyable vehicle.

Its up to you, because when the 6th gens come out its going to be a few years for them to work out there "technology" to the level people expect from Toyota. Plus i wouldn't expect much more from the 6th gen.

BobbySC 09-22-2021 09:39 PM

The new 2022 has all the tech I am looking for. I was just waiting on blind spot monitoring. It is here now so I am ready to jump!

SSNCOB 10-11-2021 08:23 PM

I was able to order my ‘22 TRD ORP on 15 Sep. Still waiting on delivery, but that is expected by the end of November.

Hydro556 10-11-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSNCOB (Post 3680173)
I was able to order my ‘22 TRD ORP on 15 Sep. Still waiting on delivery, but that is expected by the end of November.

Mine is supposed to be here mid November. What color did you get?

arun4444 10-12-2021 08:09 AM

My 2012 is still going strong, I'd wait a few years before jumping on a new platform that has a bunch of computers controlling everything

elykrunner 10-18-2021 01:27 PM

Will be fund to test out regardless

dawudih 10-31-2021 06:28 PM

I didn't want the navigation, but all the 2015 models had it because of the 30th anniversary rebates. Fire bad, raaa

flamingjoe604 11-06-2021 08:35 PM

just got my 2022 4runner TRD sport 2 weeks ago, it was a little disappointing to say the least because i was kinda hoping to go off road, but the sales didnt mention the Bumper and Trimming is matching with Limited, Not TRD off-road!

The sales was a bit misleading when he was making comparison between TRD off road and TRD sports, and i quote, "spec is not much of a difference" which is true expect he failed to mention the bumper and the trims are NOT the same as TRD off road version.

So in the end, I have myself to blame for not doing my due diligent before purchasing the vehicle... Well, its not like i have any chose due to lack of available inventory. Thus, i am going to have to spend some $$$ on the mods.

DeepSea 12-22-2021 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingjoe604 (Post 3686431)
just got my 2022 4runner TRD sport 2 weeks ago, it was a little disappointing to say the least because i was kinda hoping to go off road, but the sales didnt mention the Bumper and Trimming is matching with Limited, Not TRD off-road!

The sales was a bit misleading when he was making comparison between TRD off road and TRD sports, and i quote, "spec is not much of a difference" which is true expect he failed to mention the bumper and the trims are NOT the same as TRD off road version.

So in the end, I have myself to blame for not doing my due diligent before purchasing the vehicle... Well, its not like i have any chose due to lack of available inventory. Thus, i am going to have to spend some $$$ on the mods.

Yeah that's kinda bummer, and lame on the dealer's part not knowing the differences. You could always just sell it once a TRDOR comes in stock. They're arriving weekly here at my local dealership. Heaps of Lunar Rocks

Lei808 03-06-2022 12:32 PM

I was watching a video on YouTube about the next gen 4Runners. Personally, I like to wait before jumping on any new releases. They always have kinks to work out. That’s why I’m trying to hurry and decide on my next purchase so I can get in on the 22s.