Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   New TRD Style Grille (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/300312-new-trd-style-grille.html)

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 09:26 AM

New TRD Style Grille

Garage Alpha has been "previewing" a new TRD style gille to some folks. Their listing is here: Toyota 4Runner [4th Gen - Facelift] TRD Style Grille - PRE-ORDER – Garage Alpha

Pretty soon after that, SRQ started selling the exact same grille: 03-05 4th Gen TRD 4Runner Grille | SRQ Fabrications

(Garage Alpha also has the 03-05 style, but SRQ, is "working on" the post facelift design)

When two totally different manufacturers came out with something so close together, some of the folks on the Facebook group got suspicious. Sure enough, they are available directly from the manufacturer on Alibaba: 2006-2009 Auto Parts New Style Front Grille Fit For Toyota 4runner - Buy 2006 4runner Grille,2009 4runner Front Grile,2006 Front Grille For 4runner Product on Alibaba.com

Apparently if you ask for photos, they send you a picture of the logo in the middle.

Anyway, I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of these pop up in the next few months. Ordered direct through Alibaba its 125$, which is a pretty great deal. Not quite as classy looking as a good Satoshi mod, but a lot cheaper.

Billynath1988 09-14-2021 10:04 AM

Great Info and research

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billynath1988 (Post 3672457)
Great Info and research

Not claiming its my own lol. Just relaying what was said in one of the FB groups while I try to decide if I am taking a chance on it or not.

phatcheeks 09-14-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimlithepirate (Post 3672443)
Garage Alpha has been "previewing" a new TRD style gille to some folks. Their listing is here: Toyota 4Runner [4th Gen - Facelift] TRD Style Grille - PRE-ORDER – Garage Alpha

Pretty soon after that, SRQ started selling the exact same grille: 03-05 4th Gen TRD 4Runner Grille | SRQ Fabrications

(Garage Alpha also has the 03-05 style, but SRQ, is "working on" the post facelift design)

When two totally different manufacturers came out with something so close together, some of the folks on the Facebook group got suspicious. Sure enough, they are available directly from the manufacturer on Alibaba: 2006-2009 Auto Parts New Style Front Grille Fit For Toyota 4runner - Buy 2006 4runner Grille,2009 4runner Front Grile,2006 Front Grille For 4runner Product on Alibaba.com

Apparently if you ask for photos, they send you a picture of the logo in the middle.

Anyway, I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of these pop up in the next few months. Ordered direct through Alibaba its 125$, which is a pretty great deal. Not quite as classy looking as a good Satoshi mod, but a lot cheaper.

I didnt know it had a logo. I was going to buy it last night but didn't because of no Toyota logo. I might buy it now.

MacRendar 09-14-2021 10:55 AM

I'm glad I love my plasti-dipped v8 badge grill or I'd be mad that I'm broke right now. These look awesome!

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatcheeks (Post 3672467)
I didnt know it had a logo. I was going to buy it last night but didn't because of no Toyota logo. I might buy it now.

This is what they sent me when I inquired:

https://i.imgur.com/oq4EuNd.jpg

There is both a version with raptor lights and without. The cost difference is 7.50 xD.

Billynath1988 09-14-2021 11:34 AM

Looks legit.. based on timing and everything the other companies charging more than 100 more for the same thing... id say this is a go

phatcheeks 09-14-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimlithepirate (Post 3672488)
This is what they sent me when I inquired:

https://i.imgur.com/oq4EuNd.jpg

There is both a version with raptor lights and without. The cost difference is 7.50 xD.

Looks legit. Just like what you see online but half the price.
I wonder how I got about ordering without the lights? I dont see an option

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatcheeks (Post 3672506)
Looks legit. Just like what you see online but half the price.
I wonder how I got about ordering without the lights? I dont see an option

The first link I posted was without raptor lights. This link is with: 2006-2009 Auto Parts New Style Front Grille With Light Fit For Toyota 4runner - Buy 2006 4runner Grille,2009 4runner Front Grile,2006 Front Grille For 4runner Product on Alibaba.com

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billynath1988 (Post 3672489)
Looks legit.. based on timing and everything the other companies charging more than 100 more for the same thing... id say this is a go

Yeah. I mean, buying through Alibaba direct is always a bit of a crapshoot. Typically, the sellers aren't easy to work with and have high minimum orders. For whatever reason, this specific seller is willing to go direct to consumers through ChinaPost. That's the only reason the pricing works out.

I'm betting these start showing up on eBay in the next 3 months for 150-200 through Chinese direct sellers. SRQ and GarageAlpha are going to have to bring more to the table to get people to buy from them instead.

Heck, if someone on the forum has an empty garage and wants to run a group buy, I'd be willing to bet they could make a quick buck.

Inv4drZm 09-14-2021 12:58 PM

I wonder how long they'll be available directly from the manufacturer? With a little painting it'll look even nicer.

I ordered the 03-05 version, without lights.

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inv4drZm (Post 3672515)
I wonder how long they'll be available directly from the manufacturer? With a little painting it'll look even nicer.

I ordered the 03-05 version, without lights.

What are you thinking for a paint job? I won't do this, because it would otherwise clash, but part of me wants to do plastidip white as a call back to old FJs. I do not think it would work on a salsa red 4runner though.

Inv4drZm 09-14-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimlithepirate (Post 3672524)
What are you thinking for a paint job? I won't do this, because it would otherwise clash, but part of me wants to do plastidip white as a call back to old FJs. I do not think it would work on a salsa red 4runner though.

I guess I was thinking more for the 06-09 grill to color match the surrounding part.

KealohaRunner 09-14-2021 01:49 PM

Thanks so much for this post! Ordered! I was really wanting to get a TRD style grille but all the options seemed so expensive for an aesthetic mod. First Alibaba order actually.

gimlithepirate 09-14-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KealohaRunner (Post 3672532)
Thanks so much for this post! Ordered! I was really wanting to get a TRD style grille but all the options seemed so expensive for an aesthetic mod. First Alibaba order actually.

Most previous grille mods involved some sort of hand retrofit. The TRD grilles required buying a Tacoma TRD Grille and a 4Runner one and hacking them together. Satoshi ones also required hacking up a 4Runner grille to fit it all together. Someone in China finally just made the plastic cast and is now cranking them out.

Garage Alpha or SRQ is honestly probably a little pissed they are selling these to other people. They've been circulating "samples" on IG and the like for a bit. I don't know if they developed it though.