Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Switch Pro 9100 WHITE Lights Connection (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/300485-switch-pro-9100-white-lights-connection.html)

SnoRnR 09-22-2021 08:25 PM

Switch Pro 9100 WHITE Lights Connection

Hi,
I’ve fitted the Switch Pro 9100 using the SDHQ dash mount for the control panel. The only thing I haven’t connected is the WHITE light trigger wire. Needs to be connected to a parking light signal or side marker. Is there anywhere I can connect it under the dash that doesn’t use an add a fuse?

I’ve already got various other items on add a fuses in the fuse panel. Running out of space down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnoRnR 10-02-2021 02:50 PM

Anyone? Just looking for a parking light wire under the dash that isn’t in the fuse panel.

Nate_Drives_Cars 10-02-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoRnR (Post 3677833)
Anyone? Just looking for a parking light wire under the dash that isn’t in the fuse panel.

I am doing this wiring myself tonight on my rig. I will let you know what I find out while wiring it in.

Saker 10-02-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoRnR (Post 3675071)
Hi,
I’ve fitted the Switch Pro 9100 using the SDHQ dash mount for the control panel. The only thing I haven’t connected is the WHITE light trigger wire. Needs to be connected to a parking light signal or side marker. Is there anywhere I can connect it under the dash that doesn’t use an add a fuse?

I’ve already got various other items on add a fuses in the fuse panel. Running out of space down there.

If you are looking for just a trigger, how much draw is there?
I would think minimal for a trigger.
I know for a relay, draw is very minimal.

[email protected] 10-03-2021 12:36 AM

Maybe look for some of thr Raptor light write-ups/instructions. See what they tap into for the parking lights.

I would just do the tap-a-fuse.. its so much easier that way.

sigepbiker 10-06-2021 01:15 PM

I posted this for someone wiring up a 8100. Should be the same location of the wire...

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-g...ml#post2802290

SnoRnR 10-06-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigepbiker (Post 3678741)
I posted this for someone wiring up a 8100. Should be the same location of the wire...

Awesome thank you. Looking at the thread have two options the green parking light wire under the dash fuse panel or the green headlight assembly wire under the hood. I need to do this as the SP9100 is mounted on the SDHQ dash mount. It’s bright and distracting. Especially without all the stickers on the empty switches. You can’t dim the switches at all without this connection, even manually.

dakgildea 01-19-2022 09:36 AM

I don't have the white wire plugged into anything currently. I have all the wiring under the hood and not under the dash as that's where the control panel sits. First I had the white wire on an add-a-fuse to the trailer tail light fuse but the backlight would stay on even when the truck was off. Tried to then move the add-a-fuse to the Dome fuse. Same thing, backlight stays on. Is it possible to add-a-fuse for the white wire? It's already cut so I would need to extend it if I need to t-tap into something. As stated above, it's pretty darn bright.

sigepbiker 01-19-2022 11:50 AM

@dakgildea - Everything in the Engine Bay fuse box is always on from the battery, hence your issue. I found that out when adding a PowerTray and wanting some devices dependent on the Ignition.

You need to either run the wire to the inside of the 4Runner or tap the wire at Headlamp assembly for light dependence. Follow the link in this post that has more information:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigepbiker (Post 3678741)

dakgildea 01-19-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigepbiker (Post 3704789)
@dakgildea - Everything in the Engine Bay fuse box is always on from the battery, hence your issue. I found that out when adding a PowerTray and wanting some devices dependent on the Ignition.

You need to either run the wire to the inside of the 4Runner or tap the wire at Headlamp assembly for light dependence...

Go figure! I have the main light blue wire tapped into the 37 INJ fuel injecting system fuse and that only comes on when the key is in and on. Good to know about the white wire! I'll take a peek and see if I have enough wire to get it under the dash. Appreciate the insight.

rageandlove 01-19-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakgildea (Post 3704748)
I don't have the white wire plugged into anything currently. I have all the wiring under the hood and not under the dash as that's where the control panel sits. First I had the white wire on an add-a-fuse to the trailer tail light fuse but the backlight would stay on even when the truck was off. Tried to then move the add-a-fuse to the Dome fuse. Same thing, backlight stays on. Is it possible to add-a-fuse for the white wire? It's already cut so I would need to extend it if I need to t-tap into something. As stated above, it's pretty darn bright.

What I did: add a fuse to connect the white wire with the “tail light” fuse, bottom on the left of the interior fuse box. The tail lights come on with both the parking lights and the headlights, so works perfectly for dimming when lights are on. I could not find anything in the engine fuse box that worked.

Note, I'm 2019. Not sure if the fuse box was changed in 2020+ but this works for previous years.

Stembot 01-19-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageandlove (Post 3704862)
What I did: add a fuse to connect the white wire with the “tail light” fuse, bottom on the left of the interior fuse box. The tail lights come on with both the parking lights and the headlights, so works perfectly for dimming when lights are on. I could not find anything in the engine fuse box that worked.

Note, I'm 2019. Not sure if the fuse box was changed in 2020+ but this works for previous years.

Did you have to change any settings on the switchpro using the Bluetooth app? I have used this fuse too but the dimming is still not working

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rageandlove 01-19-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stembot (Post 3704994)
Did you have to change any settings on the switchpro using the Bluetooth app? I have used this fuse too but the dimming is still not working

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have blue to 5th fuse slot down on right side (blank ignition controlled spot) and white to the tail light fuse.

I'll take a picture of my S Pros setting in a bit and post it.

You have fuses (2A or so) in the add-a fuse? I sometimes forget that ;-)

rageandlove 01-20-2022 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageandlove (Post 3705007)
I have blue to 5th fuse slot down on right side (blank ignition controlled spot) and white to the tail light fuse.

I'll take a picture of my S Pros setting in a bit and post it.

You have fuses (2A or so) in the add-a fuse? I sometimes forget that ;-)

Wires and two sliders. That's it. When you turn on the lights, it dims both.

https://i.imgur.com/wa0BkKb.jpg?1

dakgildea 01-20-2022 06:37 PM

You think its okay that I have the light blue wire on an add-a-fuse to the engine bay fusebox? Everything I've seen is in the cabin