Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Check out my new clock (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/300874-check-out-my-new-clock.html)

AJPuleo23 10-11-2021 11:09 AM

Check out my new clock

3 Attachment(s)
An ode to my 272k mile cracked flexplate. Now, a new garage hanger.

jgue467 10-11-2021 12:37 PM

Nicely done! I like to repurpose stuff whenever I can too.

Could be a new business idea....

Dannybetz 10-11-2021 12:39 PM

I love the steampunk feel to it

Devbot 10-11-2021 01:41 PM

Love how simple it is, very minimalist

Pyral 10-11-2021 04:22 PM

flexplate works better as a clock than most of the digital clocks in our 4runners

Bad Luck 10-11-2021 05:22 PM

How loud was that before replacement?

AJPuleo23 10-13-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyral (Post 3680092)
flexplate works better as a clock than most of the digital clocks in our 4runners

:heh: LOL my OG digi clock has been black for going on 12+ years now...

AJPuleo23 10-13-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Luck (Post 3680118)
How loud was that before replacement?

As someone who has self-diagnosed OCD when it comes to my vehicles, loud enough to drive you mad.

If you don't mind a consistent fairly loud tapping noise at idle, mixed with the anxiety of knowing that it can shear off at any point in time and take whatver is in the bell housing with it - then I suppose you can drive it without worry... LOL.

Bad Luck 10-13-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJPuleo23 (Post 3680609)
As someone who has self-diagnosed OCD when it comes to my vehicles, loud enough to drive you mad.

If you don't mind a consistent fairly loud tapping noise at idle, mixed with the anxiety of knowing that it can shear off at any point in time and take whatver is in the bell housing with it - then I suppose you can drive it without worry... LOL.

Thanks for the reply. I've replaced a few gm ones that sounded like absolute death and one or two that barely made a noise so I was curious about yours

AJPuleo23 10-13-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Luck (Post 3680610)
Thanks for the reply. I've replaced a few gm ones that sounded like absolute death and one or two that barely made a noise so I was curious about yours

yeah, in the last few months I went through and did the TB job and replaced every damn drive pulley/belt I could think of. Just to further confirm my suspicions of it being the flexplate. Once I still heard the noise after that, I knew there was not much else that could be causing it from the research I had done.

I wish I had a video/recording of it for any kind of reference. But it was loud enough at a stop to be heard with the driver window down over the sound of the motor, or through the cab with the windows up and stereo off.

NegroTundra 10-13-2021 10:05 PM

Best clockmaker on mars

cblock406 10-14-2021 02:32 PM

I thought this was a fix/mod/solution for the crappy digital dash clocks that inevitably fail, ha. This is much cooler!