Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Wiring My Wench (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/300935-wiring-my-wench.html)

Elvir555 10-14-2021 03:39 PM

Wiring My Wench

My C4 bumper has shipped so i will be installing my old wench that i had on my Jeep. My question is does everyone wire up the red lead to the battery and the black to a ground. There is no on or off switch on the wench so its on all the time because you can activate it with the wireless remote at any time. Are there switches you can buy for them. I would feel safer if i had a shut off switch installed in line with the wench.

lewdog998 10-14-2021 04:10 PM

very common item....just look up battery disconnect. Be sure it handles enough amperage. Lookup how much your winch draws and go bigger.
they are commonly used on the back of race cars to quickly cut power.
something like this
Amazon.com: Ampper 12-24 V Master Battery Disconnect Switch, Battery Power Cut Isolator Killer for Car, Vehicle, RV and Boat (Aluminium Housing, On/Off) : Automotive

Pedro367 10-14-2021 05:01 PM

Is this like what youre looking for for your winch?

WINCH PANELS - HOME

mscot 10-14-2021 05:31 PM

Check my build thread. I address how I handled it.

AuSeeker 10-16-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvir555 (Post 3680863)
My C4 bumper has shipped so i will be installing my old wench that i had on my Jeep. My question is does everyone wire up the red lead to the battery and the black to a ground. There is no on or off switch on the wench so its on all the time because you can activate it with the wireless remote at any time. Are there switches you can buy for them. I would feel safer if i had a shut off switch installed in line with the wench.

Sorry but I just couldn't help myself after seeing the title of your topic!!

It all depends on how your wench/lady friend likes to be wired!!! LOL :bounce:

Gamma Ray 10-16-2021 07:58 PM

I like a buxom wench.

Elvir555 10-21-2021 02:42 PM

Thanks guys these recommendations helped!

RotaryDreamz 10-22-2021 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hard to see, but I used a basic red marine safety on/off toggle switch with led indicator in my 3rd gen. I ran a winch rocker to control it from inside the cab when I'm out by myself as well.