Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Went back to stock (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/301283-went-back-stock.html)

bmason8159 10-30-2021 11:28 AM

Went back to stock

Guys I finally did it. I took off the lift got rid of the 33s and put stock suspension and tires back on and hooked up the sway bars. Wow, it rides and handles so nice. I am happy with my decision to go back to stock. Just wanted to share.

AirOlson 10-30-2021 01:42 PM

Something nice about these trucks stock! Fuel is actually cheap on these when running an OEM setup.

brillo_76 10-30-2021 03:11 PM

Mostly I leave things stock. The reason being is they are engineered to be a certain way. Especially the tires and stock rims. So much easier on lower ball joints as an example. :)

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

RandyBobandy 10-30-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brillo_76 (Post 3684756)
Mostly I leave things stock. The reason being is they are engineered to be a certain way. Especially the tires and stock rims. So much easier on lower ball joints as an example. :)

Eventually you’ll let me do a turbo build on one of your 10 4runners, it will be engineered for turning tires into smoke, I know your brother is on board

FD7683 10-30-2021 09:52 PM

I can't imagine driving with no sways bars on. A scary situation on the highway when a quick maneuver is needed. It's nice how the 3rd gens are stiff and rugged from factory compared to the 4th gen which I heard is pretty soft.

brillo_76 10-31-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBobandy (Post 3684766)
Eventually you’ll let me do a turbo build on one of your 10 4runners, it will be engineered for turning tires into smoke, I know your brother is on board

I don't have 10. I have 5. My brother was looking into the disel turbos for the major mpg boost with torque. I always thought a electric or natural gas conversion. Possibly. But this kinda off the topic of stock thread. ;)

bmason8159 10-31-2021 10:51 AM

To be honest the truck needed a lot of maintenance and the heavy tires were not nice to front end parts. I wanted to go back to stock and fix everything. Do I still want a b8 swap or supercharger? Yes but, I wanted to get everything mechanical fixed before I start anything else. I also wonder if I should leave the 4Runner alone and just buy an old v8 tundra to beat the hell out of.

RandyBobandy 10-31-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brillo_76 (Post 3684882)
I don't have 10. I have 5. My brother was looking into the disel turbos for the major mpg boost with torque. I always thought a electric or natural gas conversion. Possibly. But this kinda off the topic of stock thread. ;)

I know for a fact you have at least 6

brillo_76 10-31-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBobandy (Post 3685002)
I know for a fact you have at least 6

Had 6. Not much left of the parts mobile...