Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Deal is dead (Case of 10 OEM Oil Filter Elememts only $8.99 today on Amazon) (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/301427-deal-dead-case-10-oem-oil-filter-elememts-only-$8-99-today-amazon.html)

Slowgoat 11-07-2021 09:04 AM

Deal is dead (Case of 10 OEM Oil Filter Elememts only $8.99 today on Amazon)

EDIT

Deal is dead.

Price went back up.

I was just randomly digging through the below thread since I just picked up a 2010 SR5 Premium:

Favorite 5th Gen accessories bought from Amazon?

This 10 pack of OEM filter elements is only $8.99 today!! Lowest price in history. Looks like they are normally $34-$45:

OEM Oil Filter Element 10-Pack
Amazon.com: Toyota Genuine Parts 04152-YZZA5 Replaceable Oil Filter Element 1 Case (QTY 10): Automotive

Stock up!

Thanks @drewsro !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewsro (Post 3615052)
Get some essential things like these:

Motivix Oil Filter Wrench
Amazon.com: Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion 2.0 To 5.7 Liter Engines with 64mm Cartridge Style Oil Filter System - Perfect for Camry, RAV4, Tacoma, Highlander, Sienna, Tundra, and More: Automotive

Metal Oil Filter Housing
Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota 15620-31060 Oil Filter Cap Assembly: Automotive

Center Console Organizer
Amazon.com: Vehicle OCD - Center Console Organizer Tray for Toyota 4Runner (2010-2021) - Made in USA: Automotive

Oil Filter 10-Pack
Amazon.com: Toyota Genuine Parts 04152-YZZA5 Replaceable Oil Filter Element 1 Case (QTY 10): Automotive

Motivix Oil Filter Drain Tool
Amazon.com: Motivx Tools Oil Filter Drain Tool for Toyota, Lexus, Scion 2.0L - 5.7L Engines: Automotive

Also look into the Fumoto drain valve.

chester4Run 11-07-2021 10:18 AM

Nice find! I have some coming too.

Forgetful 11-07-2021 10:42 AM

Thanks, kinda doubting they'll fulfill the order but might as well try

03_4x4Runner 11-07-2021 11:06 AM

After listening to the Car Care Nut about Toyota parts All you need to know about Toyota and Lexus Parts. How to find deals? - YouTube I wonder if these are not really Toyota parts but knockoffs. I looked up the address on google earth where they are shipped from and it is not a Toyota dealer. He says all oem Toyota parts must be sold through a dealer.

DougR 11-07-2021 11:26 AM

10 genuine(?) oil filters for 90 cents each and free shipping? Here are two videos showing how to identify counterfeit parts.

Difference Between Genuine & Fake Counterfeit Toyota 04152 40060 Oil Filter — Loyal Parts - YouTube - at 2:45, the differences in filter media quality are readily apparent when the counterfeit and genuine filter elements are compared side by side.

Toyota Counterfeit parts EXPOSED! - YouTube - start watching at 14:40. Pay extra attention to checking the filter element at 20:15.

After receiving your order, please consider posting photos to help determine if the parts are truly genuine. A side by side comparison with a genuine filter purchased from a Toyota dealer would be helpful.

Too Stroked 11-07-2021 11:30 AM

Somebody knocking off, then selling as OEM a "mission critical" part on the internet? Truly shocking, but unfortunately all to common. Let the buyer beware and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There's a special place in hell for people who do stuff like this if they are indeed fakes.

fourrunnerbill 11-07-2021 11:41 AM

Even the gullible me woundn't buy these.

Tuco Ramirez 11-07-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner (Post 3686506)
After listening to the Car Care Nut about Toyota parts All you need to know about Toyota and Lexus Parts. How to find deals? - YouTube I wonder if these are not really Toyota parts but knockoffs. I looked up the address on google earth where they are shipped from and it is not a Toyota dealer. He says all oem Toyota parts must be sold through a dealer.

My thoughts exactly. Knock off garbage. But surely someone who bought them will claim they are great in an attempt to defend their purchase.

honda250xtitan 11-07-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuco Ramirez (Post 3686517)
My thoughts exactly. Knock off garbage. But surely someone who bought them will claim they are great in an attempt to defend their purchase.

i bought them, gonna grab an OEM filter and compare. worst thing i'm out is $8

definitly too good to be true or a typo lol

wsgoat 11-07-2021 04:53 PM

Amazon is an online "dollar store" with lots of fakes and knock-offs offered to the unsuspecting. Go ahead, put your 90-cent oil filter into your 50k vehicle....lmao.

DougR 11-07-2021 05:29 PM

If these oil filters are counterfeit, then it would be interesting to post a product review stating, "These are cheaply made counterfeit oil filters. Do not buy." and observe what happens. Will Amazon allow a review with the word "counterfeit" to be posted and stand? Will the vendor close the listing and start a new one?

DougR 11-07-2021 05:29 PM

I clicked on the link and the price is now $42.

Metalsaber 11-07-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner (Post 3686506)

Easily fake.

Slowgoat 11-07-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR (Post 3686509)
10 genuine(?) oil filters for 90 cents each and free shipping? Here are two videos showing how to identify counterfeit parts.

Difference Between Genuine & Fake Counterfeit Toyota 04152 40060 Oil Filter — Loyal Parts - YouTube - at 2:45, the differences in filter media quality are readily apparent when the counterfeit and genuine filter elements are compared side by side.

Toyota Counterfeit parts EXPOSED! - YouTube - start watching at 14:40. Pay extra attention to checking the filter element at 20:15.

After receiving your order, please consider posting photos to help determine if the parts are truly genuine. A side by side comparison with a genuine filter purchased from a Toyota dealer would be helpful.

I’m just trying to help.

This will be the last time I’ll do so. Man this forum used to be pretty cool. Haven’t been here in a few years. Now I see why. Kinda sad really.

If the price went back up to like $40 then it probably isn’t fake logically. It probably is a lightning sale. These have been known to happen on Amazon. You guys do realize there are price trackers too, right?

I understand the skepticism. If the seller isn’t a dealer then that’s sketchy. I’ll send it back if it’s not real. Returns are super easy.

But I will post the OEM box. I’m assuming there will be some kind of hologram or identifier? I’ll check out these videos.

Again. Just trying to help.

johnnygraphic 11-07-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowgoat (Post 3686608)
I’m just trying to help.

This will be the last time I’ll do so. Man this forum used to be pretty cool. Haven’t been here in a few years. Now I see why. Kinda sad really.

If the price went back up to like $40 then it probably isn’t fake logically. It probably is a lightning sale. These have been known to happen on Amazon. You guys do realize there are price trackers too, right?

I understand the skepticism. If the seller isn’t a dealer then that’s sketchy. I’ll send it back if it’s not real. Returns are super easy.

But I will post the OEM box. I’m assuming there will be some kind of hologram or identifier? I’ll check out these videos.

Again. Just trying to help.

I wouldn't take it too personally. I think it's just the forum members are all looking out for one another. Easy to be lured by a cheap price on something we DIYers need. But, the voice of experience can save those of us from making poor decisions. I've been bit by a similar ploy with fake Chinese crap in the past. I try to make sure my purchases are from legitimate sources.

But, on the other hand, we also like a heads up on a genuine deal!