Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Good UCA recommendation (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/301530-good-uca-recommendation.html)

BADCLOWN 11-12-2021 01:03 PM

Good UCA recommendation

I’m starting to accumulate parts to lift my TRDP for when the stock tires give out. Some type of wheel on 34 inch tires, toytec 2-2.5 inch lift (spacer front, new spring rear system).

I’d like to install some aftermarket UCAs at the same time.

Looking for recommendations on a solid pair to use.

DannyLlama 11-12-2021 01:12 PM

ICON Delta joint UCA

spartacus 11-12-2021 01:49 PM

SPC makes awesome arms and other products. Spc 25480

DriftingOverland 11-12-2021 03:07 PM

Good UCA recommendation

JBA Off-road UCAs

Home page

Solid UCAs… excellent customer service and follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crank_Mancastle 11-12-2021 03:49 PM

I like the Ironman Pro-forge. Look good, good amount of caster, and very low maintenance (don't have to grease the bushings every 3-5k miles).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mrblah 11-12-2021 07:59 PM

there are so many good ones out there, so get what you like.

:banana:

blksubykid 11-12-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblah (Post 3687972)
there are so many good ones out there, so get what you like.

:banana:

^^^ this

Depending on how you use the rig, you may also want to consider serviceability (ie greasing, uniballs vs ball joints, etc)

Jeremy556 11-12-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 3687889)

I don't know, mine weren't really awesome. Craptastic balljoints failed in a few thousand miles. They also had a nasty habit of breaking welds back when they were tube construction. Interesting that they have gone to a forging - it's massive overkill for the application and going to be much heavier than needed, but way better than broken welds.

After trashing my SPCs, I've done about 250k miles on TCs without issues, other than the obvious - squeaky poly bushings and constant uniball replacements. The cromo construction (4140, IIRC) of the TCs are also massive overkill for the application, but at least they aren't heavy, but they are expensive.

jcrown7 11-13-2021 12:22 PM

UCAs

JBA Offroad!

Outstanding customer service, built very well, lifetime warranty.

BADCLOWN 11-13-2021 03:02 PM

I don’t want to be regreasing stuff every few thousand miles. I’m looking for a “set it and forget it” set of UCAs that I can have installed and not have to think about.

I’m doing UCAs to avoid having my CV boots torn due to the lift. I had a 3 inch toytec lift on my old 3rd Gen with stock UCAs and ended up having torn boots

N2TRKYS 11-13-2021 03:08 PM

Aren’t Dobinson UCAs maintenance free? How do they hold up over the years and is the built in caster enough for a 3” lift?

Thanks

honda250xtitan 11-14-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADCLOWN (Post 3688099)
I don’t want to be regreasing stuff every few thousand miles. I’m looking for a “set it and forget it” set of UCAs that I can have installed and not have to think about.

I’m doing UCAs to avoid having my CV boots torn due to the lift. I had a 3 inch toytec lift on my old 3rd Gen with stock UCAs and ended up having torn boots

what? UCA's have nothing to do with your CV boots:tea:

Relentlesskaizen 11-14-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADCLOWN (Post 3688099)

So, UCAs will have little to do with that if any it will allow your alignment angles to be at or closer to specification . The biggest thing to help your c.v shafts with a lift will be a differential drop kit, this lessens the stress on your cv shafts and flex on the boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatdamon 11-18-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 3687889)

I have these and have tortured them as much as I can for 2 years. Love them and every shop I've had my 4runner in has said they are worth every penny.

dezertbomber 11-18-2021 01:16 PM

Dirt King's UCAs are hard to beat. I'm sure they'll be going on sale soon. Buy the dust caps as well to protect the grease fittings and keep moisture out of the ball joint cup on the arms.

Ball Joint Upper Control Arms - 4Runner / FJ Cruiser / Lexus – Dirt King Fabrication

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/24...g?v=1637103432