Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Fuel injectors Motor West Performance (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/301600-fuel-injectors-motor-west-performance.html)

maddss 11-15-2021 08:17 PM

Fuel injectors Motor West Performance

99 Limited with 275k

Got another random misfire this time P0305, I’m going to suspect it’s another fuel injector going bad. Yes I’ve gone through this on the #2 cylinder, 3k miles ago. I have new plugs and wires. All Fuel injectors where cleaned and flow tested good. However one injector was bad at that time.

Has anybody use this company to replace all 6 fuel injectors. Timmy the tool man has used them.

Denso Fuel Injector Upgrade Set for 3.4L V6 4Runner Tacoma and Tundra – HP831 – MotorWest Performance

3bears 11-15-2021 10:02 PM

i have used them and have no complaints. Actually getting ready to send them another set for a different 4runner to get serviced. I see now they offer a high performance injector replacement with no core charge. I do not know what they are or if they help our rigs at all. would be interested to know

RandyBobandy 11-15-2021 11:07 PM

I have that set in mine, very happy with them

JZiggy 11-15-2021 11:39 PM

Check out Osidetiger. They have upgraded fuel injectors that are reasonably priced. I have a set in my 88 4Runner and am planning to install some in my 99 soon.

CRB Racing 11-16-2021 01:03 AM

I went through them for a set when I was getting a misfire.
They have great customer service and was prompt to answer any questions I had.
I plan on sending them a set of Bosch injectors out of my Mustang for cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Romeo1 11-16-2021 10:06 PM

Dumb question, but why not just replace with Toyota new injectors? Is it cost?

3bears 11-16-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo1 (Post 3688919)

yes its the cost. rebuild all 6 for less than the price of 1.5 new from yota

FD7683 11-16-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo1 (Post 3688919)

Around $150-200 a piece depending on location.

3bears 11-16-2021 11:00 PM

so not meaning to hijack this thread....is related...what exactly is the "upgrade"
that motorwest lists. Going from brown to gray body color ?
on BMW's the upgrade was going from 2 pintle to 4 pintle ( holes for better spray pattern and mix with air). I see in picture of motorwest the upgrade is still a 2 pintle.

JZiggy 11-16-2021 11:35 PM

The Osidetiger ones are 12 hole. More holes = faster atomization of fuel = cleaner burn

19963.4lsr5 11-17-2021 09:54 AM

It’s not hard rebuilding your own injectors.

A few of us here have done it.

19963.4lsr5 11-17-2021 12:48 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e689d40224.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3f0cf79034.jpg
Changing the inlet screens.

MotorWest-Perf. 02-01-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3bears (Post 3688934)
so not meaning to hijack this thread....is related...what exactly is the "upgrade"
that motorwest lists. Going from brown to gray body color ?
on BMW's the upgrade was going from 2 pintle to 4 pintle ( holes for better spray pattern and mix with air). I see in picture of motorwest the upgrade is still a 2 pintle.

I know this was posted a while back, but I did want to answer your question, thanks for asking!

The Denso upgrade set we offer is far more reliable in the long run, IF you're going with refurbished injectors (obviously new would be ideal were it not for the insane price of genuine Toyota units). Without going too much into detail, the OEM brown injectors fail at much higher rate than your average injector (this is why you see so many misfire issues in this platform with the 3.4L). The electrical component degrades over time and the injectors die eventually. The issue is there is no way of predicting when that will happen. So if you purchase a set of refurbished brown units, it's quite possible to have one die soon after as you have no idea how many miles are on each of those. The Denso replacements we offer don't have that electrical issue at all. In fact, in the thousands we've refurbished, that's never been an issue, not a single dead injector.

If you still need more clarification, please let us know.

As for the 12 hole units, I'd be careful about running those, they were not designed for the 3.4L intake design.

octanejunkie 02-01-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorWest-Perf. (Post 3708830)
The Denso upgrade set we offer is far more reliable in the long run, IF you're going with refurbished injectors (obviously new would be ideal were it not for the insane price of genuine Toyota units). Without going too much into detail, the OEM brown injectors fail at much higher rate than your average injector (this is why you see so many misfire issues in this platform with the 3.4L). The electrical component degrades over time and the injectors die eventually. The issue is there is no way of predicting when that will happen. So if you purchase a set of refurbished brown units, it's quite possible to have one die soon after as you have no idea how many miles are on each of those. The Denso replacements we offer don't have that electrical issue at all. In fact, in the thousands we've refurbished, that's never been an issue, not a single dead injector.

If you still need more clarification, please let us know.

I'm looking to proactively service/replace my injectors. Would it make sense to buy the $249 grey set and send my factory injectors in for refurbishing?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RN:)4Runner 02-06-2022 04:35 AM

Because they are not currently available in North America... And could wait 'months to years' for them.