Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   Toyota surpasses GM in US vehicle sales (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/302642-toyota-surpasses-gm-us-vehicle-sales.html)

Robwilco 01-06-2022 02:59 PM

Toyota surpasses GM in US vehicle sales

For the first time ever, Toyota has surpassed GM in vehicles sold in the US. GM has held that number 1 spot since 1931 when it passed up Ford. Major automotive moment!!

CajunMikeR 01-06-2022 03:44 PM

It doesn't surprise me. In my area, Toyota lots are empty (or damn near) and the lots are almost full at the Chevy/GMC dealers.

delstele 01-06-2022 04:22 PM

When you keep producing failed transmission's, inferior cabin features that never last 5 years among other cheep engineering to maximize profit. Well what can one expect ? It's this line of thinking that will kill the American auto industry..

Robwilco 01-06-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delstele (Post 3700960)
When you keep producing failed transmission's, inferior cabin features that never last 5 years among other cheep engineering to maximize profit. Well what can one expect ? It's this line of thinking that will kill the American auto industry..

Definitely this! Also, Toyota has handled the chip shortage wayyyy better than GM has. Don't get me wrong, Toyota his been hit hard by the shortage, just as GM has. However, GM has been hit on a whole other level.

In the end... shoddy craftsmanship and cost cutting at every turn in production will be their downfall

CajunMikeR 01-06-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robwilco (Post 3700966)
Definitely this! Also, Toyota has handled the chip shortage wayyyy better than GM has. Don't get me wrong, Toyota his been hit hard by the shortage, just as GM has. However, GM has been hit on a whole other level.

I read an article on how Toyota dealt with vendors (all parts, not just chips) during the cutbacks, COVID, and other issues and how they work with their vendors. If I were a vendor, I'd give them priority as well... everyone else could stand in line until after Toyota's orders were filled.