Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   shot gun evap repair (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/306642-shot-gun-evap-repair.html)

3bears 08-04-2022 05:35 PM

shot gun evap repair

so i have had a code 400? for evap system. Gas cap less than 6 months old...toyota not aftermarket..kept throwing code every a few hundred miles...and lately about 100 miles or so.
so shotgun repair...if in range it got blasted
i had everything from a parts car for the charcoal canister and every little hose and electrical thing. so swapped them all all out. been now like 500 miles and no codes. ( prob just jinked myself)
im usually not a shot gun guy to replace anything in question.
however if i had the time...the one electrical switch nearest the brake master cylinder is labeled something like denso pressure difference... wonder if could have been that simple
then again ...i did not have the knowledge to test everything...and that one switch is prob over a hundred.
so if your out picking parts in a pick and pull...get the whole system to stick on your shelf. including that switch that is about 6 inches away from all the other...like I said its near master cylinder on its own bracket.. I paid $25 for everything...canister...hoses...electrical stuff

brillo_76 08-04-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3bears (Post 3751407)
so i have had a code 400? for evap system. Gas cap less than 6 months old...toyota not aftermarket..kept throwing code every a few hundred miles...and lately about 100 miles or so.
so shotgun
i had everything from a parts car for the charcoal canister and every little hose and electrical thing. so swapped them all all out. been now like 500 miles and no codes. ( prob just jinked myself)
im usually not a shot gun guy to replace anything in question.
however if i had the time...the one electrical switch nearest the brake master cylinder is labeled something like denso pressure difference... wonder if could have been that simple
then again ...i did not have the knowledge to test everything...and that one switch is prob over a hundred.
so if your out picking parts in a pick and pull...get the whole system to stick on your shelf. including that switch that is about 6 inches away from all the other...like I said its near master cylinder on its own bracket.. I paid $25 for everything...canister...hoses...electrical stuff

I might have that switch your talking about. I do have a spare charcoal canister. :)

I do believe your right though. It's time to start stripping the pick and pulls for 3rd gen parts and stash the parts to sale and barter for other parts. The only issue makes it rough is shipping costs but what can you do. It is what it is. Very good thought 3bears. :)

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk